Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

1. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    What a shame. It’s an amazing game and pretty stunning once in awhile.
    There's a part of Night City, where there are tons of people and vehicles. It was hammering my fairly high end PC, with fps dropping into the low 30s. I couldn't even find an option to lower NPC density.

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    There's a part of Night City, where there are tons of people and vehicles. It was hammering my fairly high end PC, with fps dropping into the low 30s. I couldn't even find an option to lower NPC density.
    It's under gameplay options instead of graphics options. I dropped the density to medium for the same reason, big crowds hit this game hard. Actually, even cut scenes with like 4 characters on screen (high quality/max detail assets) can tank my FPS down to like 40-45 but it's not as bothersome when it's just a cutscene.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 22 Dec 2020 at 09:26 AM.

3. I don’t even get why they have two menus for graphics. It’s only about 5 or 6 lines, which most games put at the top of the graphics menu. It just makes things more difficult to wade through, and that definitely should have been under graphics.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Dec 2020 at 10:37 PM.

4. I strongly recommend playing this game with headphones. The sound design of this game is outstanding.

There's a ton of ambient sound in this game, from street noise and conversations, to news broadcasts and whirring security cameras, to enemies talking to each other during missions. All of it is modeled in three dimensional sound, so if you have a good set of headphones, it will audibly get louder the closer you get to it. Not only that, if you swivel your character's head from side to side *during a conversation*, you will hear the sound drift from one ear to another.

Put those headphones on now, if you haven't already. It's worth it.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

5. I played it once on PC with my Turtle Beach x12 headphones and the earforce DSS device. It sounds pretty cool, plus being in spatial surround is always amazing. My living room setup is 5.1 surround (not the boxed all-in-one crap), but the Sound Blaster Recon 3D sound card, with DD Live just, doesn't sound as great as what the PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360 are putting out. Something isn't right with the support for that.

*update*

Patch 1.06 addresses the 8MB save file limit for PC. I’m currently updating the living room PC, which shows the combined file size of 1.05 and 1.06 to be 54 GB of space. That’s as big as the original install.

*edit 2* It turns out that the download completely replaced the old file, with the patches included. The Cyberpunk 2077 file is still under 60GB.
    Last edited by gamevet; 25 Dec 2020 at 08:13 PM.

6. I've made it about 11 hours in and I'm finding it a bit tough to want to keep jumping back in. I haven't really had any issues with bugs or anything; if anything I've enjoyed running into random glitches as it feels kind of zeitgeisty. Nor was I expecting it to be some insane open world thing. In fact, I'd barely paid any attention to this before it launched, so my expectations were super low. I'm pretty disappointed in some aspects of it, though, especially the AI and just a general sense of most of my actions feeling kind of meaningless. Then again, these types of "AAA" pseudo-RPGs aren't usually up my alley, so I'm not really the target audience, and I think the public backlash against this has been a little overblown. It's... just okay. It just feels like a constant stream of handholding-by-waypoint-and-onscreen-objectives and very little emergent moments or interesting mechanics to compel me outside of the main storyline. Don't get me wrong, tons of impressive assets, really cool character work, the sound design is indeed really good. (The female V voice actor is excellent, and that jazz radio station rules.) There's a lot to like in aggregate, but holistically, I'm not that impressed.
    Last edited by Toupee; 26 Dec 2020 at 01:56 AM.

7. Finished the game last night. Path to Glory ending.

I had been just exploring side-quests all week and pushing off the end. Then I finished "A Like Supreme," and Johnny says "Well, better go talk to [person who triggers the point of no return for the quest]," and it was like he was telling me to wrap it up, so I did.

Other than romance, it doesn't seem like your choices in the subquests loop back into the main story, but whether or not you completed certain quests does. There are like 5 unique endings and a bunch of permutations depending on choices you make in the lead up to the end and which characters you're close with. They're all tonally bittersweet in different ways, none of them feels like a "good" or "correct" ending. Kind of like Life is Strange 2.

I had a blast with this game, and I'm probably not totally done with it. The side stories were easily as engrossing as the main plot. And the main plot never gave into its baser vices toward grandiosity or saving the world like so many others. It never goes into Deus Ex-like conspiracies, it's just about V's struggle to survive, which is actually very true to the genre and its nihilistic sensibilities. You aren't gonna change the world.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Finished the game last night. Path to Glory ending.

I had been just exploring side-quests all week and pushing off the end. Then I finished "A Like Supreme," and Johnny says "Well, better go talk to [person who triggers the point of no return for the quest]," and it was like he was telling me to wrap it up, so I did.

Other than romance, it doesn't seem like your choices in the subquests loop back into the main story, but whether or not you completed certain quests does. There are like 5 unique endings and a bunch of permutations depending on choices you make in the lead up to the end and which characters you're close with. They're all tonally bittersweet in different ways, none of them feels like a "good" or "correct" ending. Kind of like Life is Strange 2.

I had a blast with this game, and I'm probably not totally done with it. The side stories were easily as engrossing as the main plot. And the main plot never gave into its baser vices toward grandiosity or saving the world like so many others. It never goes into Deus Ex-like conspiracies, it's just about V's struggle to survive, which is actually very true to the genre and its nihilistic sensibilities. You aren't gonna change the world.
    I just finished “A Like Supreme” and I’m really surprised how much Johnny has grown on me as a character. That whole arc turned into my favorite part of the game thus far, which I definitely didn’t expect.

I still have a ton of stuff to do, but I’ll probably finish up the final quest soon - maybe return to the other stuff later.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

9. I thought I blew up my PC the other night, after playing the game with the new patch. The game locked up (which sometimes happens with an aggressive GPU overclock), and I hit the reset button on the PC. It rebooted kind weird and just suddenly went dark after 5 minutes. I was really worried, because my old 4790k PC did that and I had to replace the CPU and motherboard. Fortunately, after pulling the power cord and letting it sit for a couple of minutes, everything is back to normal.

I’m mostly working on side missions, since I’m only level 17 and 27 hours in on the game. *Edit* My character managed to get it on with Panam. They ended up having some strange virtual/real sex in a military vehicle. I'm thinking that my story arc with her is over though.
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Dec 2020 at 11:06 PM.

10. I hooked up with River. He's a big teddy bear, a great cook, and a real sweetie. He was the only option given my character choices, but I'm happy with him.

I got the Path to Glory ending as well.

After reading about the secret ending I totally want to go back and get it now. It sounds fucking hilarious.