Thread: Mortal Kombat

1. Mortal Kombat

They've kept this movie largely a secret with very few images and footage being released. Behold!

2. The glue that binds TNL together.

Looks pretty good!

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Yeah that article is great. All the people you'd expect to fall for it are, and it's wonderful to see.

4. I thought that article was a troll at first, but nope! lol.

5. So, I watched this last night. The opening fight sequence was awesome, but then you're led though about an hour of mediocre storytelling, rushed combat scenes and the gratuitous Mortal Kombat one liners when a battle ends. Like the beginning, the movie has a solid ending fight that gets you all hyped up, but makes you wonder why you wasted your time watching the stuff in between.

6. This is what happens when they try to appeal to non-MK fans and end up disappointing both.

7. For everything it does right, it does something wrong. I was definitely expecting more from the fight scenes. There are a few great moments but the bar for martial arts in movies is so high now you really have to put a lot of work to make memorable fights (Jax vs Hammer Guy is the worst). Since it is MK, doing special moves from the games is what would set it apart. Sub Zero's ice effects are really good and Mileena teleporting around are good examples. But Mileena is barely in the movie. Kung Lao's entrance is absolutely perfect, but Scorpion's re-entry is oddly soft. A lot of it felt like they were afraid to do anything more than the basics while changing the set up that was used in the 1995 movie.

8. Amazing that the recent games are better movies than the actual movie is.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww