Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This year's haul: 2022

1. Thanks guys. It's been over 7 months ago since his passing, so it's now just down to us sorting out the mess of an estate left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'd also like to give condolences GV.

That Super Metroid is a crazy find, sealed copies go for over $1,300 right now and it was just hanging out in a box.
    I'm pretty sure my brother and his wife just found it in the piles of trash throughout the house. He was already a hoarder before our mother passed away back in 2011. The hoarding was usually stored outside of the house in the storage sheds and the small building he'd had placed on the back of the property some 20 years ago. I found a sealed A Clockwork Knight inside of the house back in December.

I found this coin on the floor of the house, when we were digging through the trash last December. It was pretty much sitting on the floor. The real coin is worth $2,100, but after taking it to a Dallas Gold & Silver, I found out that it was a fake. Hopefully he only paid about $20, which is how much a replica coin goes for. I inherited a bunch of other stuff that I have no use for, like a Sony Handycam, a 50" Sony LCD, old Blu-Rays/DVDs and other stuff I don't even remember. I pretty much told my brother to just sell it off and put it in the pile of money to pay off his debt and hopefully there will be something left for the family to share.

Words can't do it justice. It was an absolute trash dump, before we had cleaned it up back in December. I was only there for about 5 days, so I was able to help clear out about 40% of the mess, before I had to leave.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Jul 2022 at 03:50 PM.

2. Wow, that is hell of a mess for you guys to clean up.

3. It’s mostly been my brother and his wife that have had to deal with cleaning it out and remodeling the house. I just helped them as much as I could when I was there in December. They’ve gotten a lot done since then, but they have to get a lot done on the house before the Fall sets in. It starts getting pretty cold at night, where even during the summer it gets into the lower 50s at night.

4. I bought my first laptop in 12 years.

1) what all can I do to optimize Windows 11/turn off excess shit?
    2) how do I get Doom to run on it?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I bought my first laptop in 12 years.

2) how do I get Doom to run on it?
    I'd go into the add/remove programs menu and erase any of the nonsense programs you don't need. Doom, which one?

I picked up the last copy (from my local Target) of TMNT for the PS4. I also found a clean copy of Burnout Revenge.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I bought my first laptop in 12 years.

I have not watched this but it could help with privacy jams.

7. So I gotta know, did Gamevet finally inherit that sweet ass Win95 pc?!

8. You're welcome to dig through the storage buildings on the property for that. They're filled full of old junk. There's also a TRS-80 CoCo in there somewhere.

Stay frosty SSJN!
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Sep 2022 at 11:15 PM.

9. iPhone 14 Pro Max - I am giving up on my 6 year old iPhone 7, and Verizon is giving me good credit for it ($350!) so I splurged for the Pro Max.