Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizon Forbidden West

1. Horizon Forbidden West

Do we really not have a thread about this game?

First Horizon came out weeks before Breath of the Wild, which made me rush the story. Later I went back and did side quests and all the DLC, which was fantastic. I'm really excited about this sequel and giving it full attention out the gate. I've done a media blackout myself, but here's the last trailer and also a 95 minute total story recap of Horizon Zero Dawn:

2. Horizon Zero Dawn is one of my top 5 games for the PS4. I still don't have a PS5, so I don't know if I really want to experience this on my PS4. The 1st game struggled pretty hard with that engine, so I can't imagine how hard this game will be on the old hardware.

3. About 30% into the ps4 one.

As good as the original was, this is better in every single way by a large metric.

4. You have to google it yourself, but apparently Alloy has fully rendered nipples for some reason, and people used the camera mode to clip through an outfit and see her boobies. Seems unnecessary to have the kind of hidden detail, but obviously some guy at Guerrilla Games is thirsty as all hell.

5. Paging Anita.

6. Finished the intro and did some questing in the first part of the new map, and this game is just better in every way so far. Not massive changes, but every system and mechanic is just a little tighter, little smoother, little better. It adds up to a really solid experience.

I'm surprised this was reviewed moderately lower than the original with much of the comments being that it didn't innovate. Like, I don't want a different game, I want improved Horizon and this is that. Meanwhile Elden Ring is like the highest reviewed game ever and it sounds like it's Dark Soul + Open World and nothing else different, which is fine, but it's odd the way reviewers look at games some times.

7. 45% through (haven't done MOST of the collectibles, bases, ect) but I've done all available side missions, many of the errands and I just hit a story missions where you tame the Sunwing and the game honestly just keeps getting better.

I stand by my early impressions that this game does everything better than the original. Some things like climbing and traversal are significantly improved through their alterations and mechanic additions, and other things like the weapon progression is just a little tighter, but overall the package is just original Horizon but improved all over.

8. The review bombing on this game because Aloy looks like a semi-real woman as opposed to the masturbatory fantasy like all the virginal, sexless nerds were hoping for is hilarious.

I mean, someone on Twitter saw a close-up render of her face and the increased horsepower of the PS5 allowed the devs to render realistic peach fuzz on her face - which most women actually have - and bitched that she had a "beard." I mean, tell me you've never been near an actual woman without actually telling me you've never been near an actual woman, dude.

What's really sad is that I wasn't familiar with this series and I didn't initially know that this game was actually a sequel. Once I found that out, I went on YouTube and looked at clips of the first game to see if there was a difference in Aloy's design and she looks almost identical, aside from the added detail that you would expect from a new console generation. So sad.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. The 1st game was awesome, but it really taxed the PS4 hardware. I see all of these videos for the PS4 version running on a PS4 Pro, but very little talk about the OG PS4 running the game. I'd really like to know if it runs better than the 1st title, or if I should just wait to play it (could be years) on a PS5.

10. I'd wait for the PS5 version, it's worth waiting. Just my experience of playing the original on a base PS4, messing with it on a Pro and then messing with it again on a PS5 after the patch, the gap is tremendous.

Even if the sequel runs better on base PS4 than the original did, it would still be a miles different experience than what the PS5 does for load times and fidelity.