Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread - 2023 The End is Near

1. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    #6: Gungrave G.O.R.E. (XBSX)

Finished this on Easy/Normal/Hard. If you like the first 2 GG on PS2, you will like this one. The game is pretty much all action, you have many ways to shoot and kill as much and as fast as possible. Similar to other action games, you are graded in both style/combos/time. I pretty much ignore the grading system as I never seem to be able to string together too many combos. Easy and Normal are pretty much cakewalks, especially with upgrades. Hard gets tough because they are bullet sponges. The latter stages get a bit overwhelming as they just throws tons of the tougher monsters with not much room to hide. It is fun if you like the formula, or in between some of the longer/meatier games.

Finishing it on hard also unlocks the GORE difficulty, I would imagine that to be pretty tough and requires a fully upgraded character to beat. Overall, a solid middle of the road action game.
    This game got a lot of shit for being such a throwback, but honestly there's something cool about playing such a PS2-era shooter, but with modern controls and visuals. I enjoyed it.

I have been struggling to find something to really sink my teeth into since finishing Hi-Fi Rush. Started Ghost of Tsushima and Atomic Heart and a few others but none of them have 100% grabbed me yet.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This game got a lot of shit for being such a throwback, but honestly there's something cool about playing such a PS2-era shooter, but with modern controls and visuals. I enjoyed it.

I have been struggling to find something to really sink my teeth into since finishing Hi-Fi Rush. Started Ghost of Tsushima and Atomic Heart and a few others but none of them have 100% grabbed me yet.
    Agree, GGG is simple over-the-top fun. I am going to try Atomic Heart next.

3. Atomic Heart should be great but after I had to do another damn puzzle to unlock something dumb I turned it off and uninstalled it. I can’t stand useless shit like that.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    Atomic Heart should be great but after I had to do another damn puzzle to unlock something dumb I turned it off and uninstalled it. I can’t stand useless shit like that.
    The cringe writing was a huge letdown too. The world and setting are so cool, I was hoping for something Bioshock-like with some sharp satire, and instead the main character is some wannabe duke nukem, it's so dumb.

5. I played it for a couple of hours, I didn't mind the poor writing or puzzle door every other room. What I didn't like was the combat. It just feels off. It encourages you to melee but it doesn't have the feel, like you are swiping at air and hit just register on and off. The stealth section also isn't very good, you have to hold a box or whatever and throw it at cameras, but the box is so big that it obstruct your aim. Little things like that makes the game unfinished. I might give it another go later but I just don't enjoy it much. The weird swimming in the jello to navigate the indoor part is also super weird.

6. Sniper Elite 5 (PS5) - can never shoot enough Nazi's. Probably as good a single player campaign as I've played in this genre - massive levels, tons of opponents, sneak or assault, etc.... I've always like the Sniper series and this one didn't disappoint.

7. I've pretty much beat all of the maps on(Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion mod) Sins of a Galactic Empire. I was may a couple of hours away from beating the largest map(man is it buggy) on the game and I would have been just going through the motions to do that. I needed to upgrade my PC and I wanted to purge that mod from my PC for good. Sins of a Solar Empire might be my most played game ever. Somebody stop me!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/sins-of-a-galactic-empire

8. #7: Uncharted 4 (PS5)

I played up to stage 9 on PS4 years ago and gave up for some reason. Bought the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection and finished it on Hard. It is a great looking game, the game still looks great with HDR updates. The over-the-top scenes are really spectacular, but the moment to moment gameplay is a bit stale. Navigating through the various stages and simple puzzles started to get old by the halfway point, and then it just keeps going. I really thought we were close to the end of the game about 75% through and it just kept going. The enemies are pretty tough and smart on Hard, they flush you out so you have to keep moving. The best thing about the game though is the story, I really like it and Naughty Dog just know how to mix a bit of Hollywood with its own sensibilities. Overall, it is a solid game but did overstayed its welcome.

9. #8: Diablo 3: Eternal Collection (XB1)

I played quite a bit of Diablo 4 open beta several weeks ago and got me interested in continuing my D3 saved game. There was a reason why I dropped D3, it is kinda blend and boring. Perhaps I picked the wrong class, but playing as Necromancer makes the game super easy. I don't think I died once (or even close to it), whereas in D4, I died many times at the various boss. The game just drags on and on, I was ready to be done with it. Should I give those seasons challenges a try?

10. #9: Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5)

Excellent remake, the game is tough but you can unlock the hand cannon in the Mercenaries mode. The original is one of my favorites and now it is even better.