Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10121314

Thread: Would it bother you to play as a Gay Character

1. I second Sleeveboy's comment on growing up. Motion carried.

Clash_Master, you're right, you are no scientist. I'll admit you're making a classic mistake a lot of scientists do make, though, and you're ignoring evidence that proves your theory wrong. Let me fix your "no gay animals" theory for you, it could use a little work. "Animals are neither gay nor straight" works a lot better, but it totally screws your "gays are unnatural because there are no gay animals" theory, but that's the tough scientific life for you. Lessong learned- basing a theory on an unproven theory is a recipe for disaster.

James

2. Just because something is unnatural doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. Vaccines are unnatural, condoms are unnatural, videogames are unnatural, and so is just about everything else in our society. I don't think being gay is unnatural, but so what if it is?

3. No kedawa... it's in human-kinds nature to build and utilze tools... so really, precious little is very unnatural.

ºTracer
    o_O

4. Originally posted by TracerBullet
    No kedawa... it's in human-kinds nature to build and utilze tools... so really, precious little is very unnatural.

ºTracer
    Well, I guess so. Nothing that exists can contradict nature, it can only contradict our understanding of nature.
    But I meant unnatural in a different way, kinda like how preservatives or nutrasweet are 'unnatural.'

5. Originally posted by Clash_Master
    You don't see Male animals having sex with other male animals.
    no, but...

They do do some crazy shit. The cat and dog are both females, by the way.

6. Originally posted by sleeveboy
    Somehow I don't think it's too much to ask the members not to refer to each other using derogatory, hateful language like "fag."

Why don't you all grow the fuck up, OK? Thanks.
    Well, if I considered fag either derogatory, or hateful, I would agree. But it's neither, so I don't.

7. Nutrasweet is sythetic, I think that's the word you're looking for. Is Homoseuality synthetic though? I don't know what happens in the brain - I don't think anyone else can claim a hearty steak of knowledge in that to say conclusively yes or no. It's not primary to the survival of the species, but niether is religion or consumer elcetronics :/

ºTracer
    o_O

8. Originally posted by EThugg
    Well, if I considered fag either derogatory, or hateful, I would agree. But it's neither, so I don't.
    I don't consider the word "nigger" hateful or derogatory; to me it's just another word. However, I realize that an aweful lot of people do, and with, from their perspective, good reason. Therefore I don't go tossing it about with reckless abandon. I like to call this concept "manners"

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Perhaps... but a sexual orientation isn't as 'innocent' or something subject to the same boundries as not disrespecting a skin color. I hate when people group gays in with racism. There's nothing unnatural about being black (unless both your parents were white I guess... ) but there's something VERY unnatural about being gay. I repect fags enough... I have gay friends, but they don't deserve the same sensitivity as racism. Race isn't only something to not be ashamed of, but to be recognized and proud of.... what's there to be proud of with being defective? Not that I care, homos can be homos, it doesn't affect me. PS: I used the word a few times, but I hate the fags adoption of the word gay too, it means happy, stop stealing it. I'll use fag over gay 90% of the time, and fuck anyone who don't like it.