Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virtua Fighter Kumite Ranking....

1. Damn I love this game....got on a roll last night. I'm now 181-65; 5th Dan, 11 items. I defeated a Conqueror Akira 3-1 (I saved that one!), but lost to a Conquerer Sarah 3-2 (she had a tiny bit of health left - coulda gone either way).

I'm getting pretty comfortable, and often hold my own against 8th-10th Dans. I still haven't mastered evading or throw escaping. I usually have trouble against the Bryants, Lau, and Wolf (!!), but I spar against them in practice mode and I'm getting better. Jeffry and Akira used to kick my ass with regularity, but I beat em every time now. Practice Mode is a godsend.

This is the most fun & deep single-player fighter I've ever played, and the more I play it, the better it gets. It's certainly tough, but you have so many moves & strategies at your disposal that you always have a chance to beat anyone, even higher ranking opponents. It's a matter of timing and split-second planning. Brilliantly executed and perfectly balanced.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. I have to go back to it. I hit 10th dan then stopped playing for some reason.

All fighters should have some version of Kumite from now on.