Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excel Saga volume 2 and Dragon Half DVD release dates and cover art !!

1. Excel Saga volume 2 and Dragon Half DVD release dates and cover art !!

from www.advfilms.com:

Excel Saga DVD 2 - Aug. 27th, 2002 for $29.98

Dragon Half - Sep. 24, 2002 for $24.98

More Excel Saga - woo hoo !!!!!

Oh, and here's the cover art for Excel Saga volume 3

- Kabuki

2. AAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DAMN YOU ADV.

How stupid is that???? They strained the Voice Actor for Excel in Excel Saga so they could finish the series faster, yet they're releasing the DVDs slower than hell!

3. Originally posted by Station
    AAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG DAMN YOU ADV.

How stupid is that???? They strained the Voice Actor for Excel in Excel Saga so they could finish the series faster, yet they're releasing the DVDs slower than hell!
    Well, dubbing is just one part of production. ADV did a good job with the first disc and I'd rather they take their time and get it right.

As far as the covers go...DAMN YOU ADV!! Why couldn't they keep it at least close to the region 2 covers?

4. At least they aren't Manga...

5. I read the actress for Excel was let go. I need to pick up this series, it sounds interesting. *adds to list behind Bebop and Lain*

6. Originally posted by nabeshin
    As far as the covers go...DAMN YOU ADV!! Why couldn't they keep it at least close to the region 2 covers?
    They're the same except the titles are in English. Those ARE the covers practically.

7. Originally posted by Wildcat
    I read the actress for Excel was let go. I need to pick up this series, it sounds interesting. *adds to list behind Bebop and Lain*
    Kind of. She lost her voice and was told to rest for a while. ADV said they couldn't wait and re-cast.

Originally posted by Station
    They\'re the same except the titles are in English. Those ARE the covers practically.
    Doh! Just checked out CDJapan and indeed those are discs 4 and 6, which I don\'t have. They aren\'t some of the better covers IMO, and with 13 to choose from... (Yes, 13 discs, 2 eps per disc, at 6090 yen a pop. See why I didn\'t get all of em?)

8. Originally posted by nabeshin

(Yes, 13 discs, 2 eps per disc, at 6090 yen a pop. See why I didn\'t get all of em?)
    I don't see how it is possible for Japanese anime fans to afford to go and buy anime.

6090 yen * 13 = 79170 yen ... 79170 / 100 == $790

$790 to collect the Excel Saga series, as opposed to the $20 * 6 = $120 (less if you buy the discs at Besy Buy!) for us in the US to get the whole series.

A $670 difference. Wow

- Kabuki

9. Originally posted by Wildcat
    I read the actress for Excel was let go. I need to pick up this series, it sounds interesting. *adds to list behind Bebop and Lain*
    She wasn't let go. She had to stop because ADV was straining her to do the Excel voice so they could release the series earlier, but she got real sick in her throat because they were working her so hard, so they had to switch voice actors. (for those of you who have seen how fast Excel talks in Japanese and the American, you'd see how she lost her voice quickly)

10. Ah I see. The article I read just said she was fired. When I see it, I'll figure out what you mean I'm sure. Thanks for the clarifying.