Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ratio of Anime Fans to Artists

1. The Ratio of Anime Fans to Artists

So how many of you, after falling for anime, has at least tried to draw to follow the style? For some reason, many people I know who are into anime also like to draw (from varying degrees and passions, but hey). I dunno if this a normal thing or if I'm just in a good location =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. I used to draw with my best friend all the time, drawing stuff from DBZ, Techni Muyo! and Ranma 1/2, then he moved away and I barely ever draw anymore. The last time I drew was 2 days ago. I'll post it... here:

Suck-tacular huh?

3. I had the chance to buy a "How to Draw Manga" book when I went to Comic-Con last year. Initially passed it up at first, but when I changed my mind and went back, they were all sold out.

I haven't given up though. I still aspire to be an anime style artist someday.

4. I draw in a comic book style, as its the one thing that I've been exposed to more than anything else. I wouldn't mind incorporating some of the manga stuff into my work; we'll see.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

5. I enjoy certain anime styles, but I wouldn't say I really draw that way. Sort of a mix between manga, American, and European.

6. Originally posted by Freeter
    I had the chance to buy a "How to Draw Manga" book when I went to Comic-Con last year. Initially passed it up at first, but when I changed my mind and went back, they were all sold out.

I haven't given up though. I still aspire to be an anime style artist someday.
    Those "how to draw" books suck IMHO, my brother has like 8 of them, they're good for initial starting out drawing, but when I skimmed over them, there wasn't anything special about them other than the covers ^_^
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

7. i'm mainly manga/anime style, but i still use some of the american comic skills from my comic upbringing. i don't think i started drawing that way because of anime though, (unknowingly at the time) it was more because of this japanese kid i knew back in 5th grade (i'm 21 now so it was a long time ago). i didn't really get into the style until maybe sometime later in jhs.

i don't know if it's how i would describe it (or if i'm trying to say it right), but i'm more an artist picking up on techniques, style, and look, than i am a fan trying to learn how to do it.

8. The How To Draw Manga books teach us almost the exact same thing as my last years Advanced Art class, how to draw faces, bodies and stuff like that. They go a little further with showing how to draw clothes and certain things to do with making up your own stories, which is pretty good. I have that How to Draw Manga book and would recommend it to newcomers in drawing. I, myself, would like to check out that "How to Draw Mecha" book.

9. Funny I see this topic...

Yesterday I was in Best Buy picking up DVD's (anime), and the chick at the register asked if I liked to draw. I don't really draw, I make messes on canvas that people buy from me sometimes. I found this cliche quite funny, and basicaly said,"Yeah, everyone's a fuckin' artist", and laughed. She thought it was funny too. That was good, because she was hot. She also said she was getting off work in 15 minutes, and wanted to know if I'd hang around and wait for her. I agreed. When she got out of work, we drove over to a nearby restaurant, and ate dinner together. This was one of the best dates I've been on in a long time! She likes anime, videogames, and she's hot! She's also not 16! Same age as me, 20.

Sorry to hijack, but it was sort of related...
    Boo, Hiss.

10. That's an amazing coincedence/lucky situation