Thread: Mothman Prophecies

1. Mothman Prophecies

Rented this yesterday, and wasn't expecting much, but it was surprisingly good. I don't want to give away too much in case anyone gets interested, but Richard Gere (yeah, I don't like him either, but he did a good job here) finds himself in a town 400 miles out of his way without knowing how he got there. The people in the town (including Will Patton - one of my favorite actors - and Laura Linney as the town sheriff) report seeing a strange creature, and hear voices telling of future events that end up coming true.

Mark Pellington is the director, and he does a very nice job creating an unsettling mood. The soundtrack is perfectly suited as well.

You've gotta suspend belief in order to enjoy it fully, but I found it to be very well done, with pretty intriguing subject matter.

I'd definitely recommend it to fans of the supernatural.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Well, You are second person around here who recomended it I read about it before it came out last winter, but and it sounded somewhat interesting, but I ended up not going to see it. I'm not a Gere fan either, but the supernatural storyline and a creepy/moody atmosphere is what interests me in it. I will try to rent it over the weekend and find some time to watch it.

I got it from Net Flix and watched it last night as well. The thing that made it extremely creepy for me is that it is based on a true story.

4. is netflix any good? I'm too chicken to try it out...

5. MP.. no thanks. My friends and I all watched it and disliked it. The ending? No thanks...

To each his own.

Originally posted by arjue
    is netflix any good? I'm too chicken to try it out...
    I am very satisfied with it. The key is to be prompt about sending the movies back after you watch them, so that you can get more each month. I typically wind up seeing about 9 movies every month for $20. Beats the hell out of Blockbuster.

7. Well, I used Net Flix alot last year. And never had a problem with them, even when post office lost one of the rented dvds, they were cool about it.

Their selection is pretty good, I wasnt renting alot of US films, and pretty much concentrated on HK films and Anime, and the servises were good. For $20 a month is was a neat deal.

I thought Mothman was okay but it was kind of like paying to watch an X-Files episode.

If it weren't for Richard Gere I'd be all over this, but with that said Bio I'll take you recommendation and check it out.