Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying anime from japan

1. Sounds cool. I'll have to wait on it though. I'm strapped for cash and I don't care to bootleg it. Too bad there isn't a cheaper alternative.

2. Anyone here seen Crazy Zero? I want to get that. I like my zombie movies, and this one looks as good as Mr. Vampire (which is technically a zombie movie because of how Chinese vampires act) and Bio Zombie.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Originally posted by Green
    Anyone here seen Crazy Zero? I want to get that. I like my zombie movies, and this one looks as good as Mr. Vampire (which is technically a zombie movie because of how Chinese vampires act) and Bio Zombie.

Ooh I've heard about this one. Rock and roll, zombies and violence. Supposed to be good. I want to see Seijun Suzuki's new movie Pistol Opera too. If you want some good J movies get Sabu stuff. Hiroyuki "Sabu" Tanaka has done some wonderful movies. I recently R2ed Postman Blues. Awesome

4. Never heard of Sabu. I seen Suzuki's Branded to Kill on cable a few days ago, damn that was a good movie.
    pwned by Ivan

5. Yeah I remember seeing it was on Sundance. I haven't seen it yet. I have to pick that up too.

6. Originally posted by Station
    The only imports I have are Laserdiscs of Macross 7 (never for sale I might add). Also Japanese DVDs costs two times what they do here. Its good to get Manga from Japan, but not Anime.
    Hm? (missed that one)
    So Station, you get import manga? How about FLCL? I picked up both volumes of the manga and I actually like it as much or better than the anime. It's my favorite manga, even over what I can actually read the text in. The story-telling is done extremely well visually, and the emotion bleeds through the artwork. It's a bit scratchy for most people's tastes, but I think it's beautiful.
    Also Maho Tsukai Tai! is surprisingly Gaijin friendly as well.

7. Man I hope the FLCL manga is released over here. How long is the manga?
    pwned by Ivan

8. Two volumes, I think. Each volume is... um... 100-some-odd pages. I think it's around 300 pages in all, maybe a little more. Like I (neglected to have) said, I'm anti-fluent in Nihongonese, but I'm pretty sure that it ends with volume 2... If Tokyo Pop picked it up, I'd be happy to pick it up again. Ya hear that suckahs!?