Thread: Critters

1. Critters

You know, with Eight Legged Freaks just being released (I'm going to see it Tuesday ). I've been seeing a few reviews comparing it to Critters. Now this got me thinking, why in the hell have Critters and Critters 2 NOT been released on DVD yet? Who the hell has dropped the ball on this one? I loved both of those films and I would love to see them in widescreen, with a new 5.1 mix. Who else here is with me and wants to see these two films on DVD? Who owns the rights to them now anyway? And who do I have to have sex with to get them on DVD?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Why didn't you mention Crtters 3 Bbbob? It has Leo Decapiro in it.

Anyways I read in a recent chat transcript that New Line Home Video has no plans to release the Critters on DVD as of yet. I guess your stuck with the VHS versions.

BTW It has been years since I have seen those films so I don't remember how good they are. Do you remember Ghoulies? Not really the same but I put them in a simalar catagory.

3. I think part 2 had the best part where the smaller hunter transformed into the playmate he was looking at from a playboy issue. Neat part was that the actress playing the part had some plenty good exposure in that "popping-out" scene.
    I didn't think that parts 3-4 were up to snuff, since they wern't as big-budget as the first two, they ended up being cheap (directing and story-wise), so I guess the meat stays with 1-2.

and if you do see part 4, there's some chocolate-booty in there for ya!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

4. Oh, Critters !! Brings out some good memories

One of the first movies I watched on video, when we started getting more US film exposure.

It was very fun little film, good mix of horror, humor and some action. Cool little deadly creatures, some tense scene, lovable characters, and funny situations.

I liked part 2 as well. The boob transformation scene was hella funny. ANd they always cut it out, when shown on regular tv

I didnt liked parts 3 and 4. All the fun the first 2 was lost, and the only good thing about them were some nice fx, but thats about it.

Yeah, I would love to get first 2 films on DVD. They would be a great addition to my movie collection.

5. I don't remember which one of the series it was, but I like the one where a critter forces its way into a bunny suit some guy is wearing and mauls the shit out of him.

6. The bunny suit was critters 2. Great movie, and I'm telling you someone absolutely needs to put these movies out on DVD now. I would buy a box set of them all, although I would probably never be able to bring myself to watch 3 and 4 again .
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.