Thread: iron monkey 2

1. iron monkey 2

just got it last night thinking it would be some kinda hokey-ass sequel and I was kinda right. Taking place more in our period, but still going by the same plotline (sorta), I didn't like the acting as much as it was pace was certainly off compared to the first and didn't come together nearly quite as well. Thankfully the action scenes were good on the better fights, including the ending which had some interesting "whip-play" to make it really intense.

ok film in my book, but now I'm waiting for a real sequel to start filming. The first one felt like what the zorro movie SHOULD have been!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

I loved Iron Monkey amazing film, thanks for the info on the sequel maybe I'll check it out. You get it on DVD?

3. yup, good stuff!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

4. Well, I havent seen it yet. First Iron Monkey was a great film, but I heard that part 2 is not that good.

5. I got this DVD when I saw it at Best Buy, but I only watched it once before I sold it off. For $20 I expect more than something that's VHS quality. It was pan and scan (something I hate, especially for martial arts flicks when people are always kicking offscreen) and it was dub only (Which I can let slide, since I don't always want to read). it just seemed like the ported a VHS copy onto a DVD, so I felt ripped off. There were some nice action sequences, but as was mentioned before, the pacing was off. Oh well, I'm still trying to get my uncut version of Iron Monkey
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

6. Re: iron monkey 2

Originally posted by unit003
    ok film in my book, but now I'm waiting for a real sequel to start filming.
    Is that wishful thinking?