Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I bought two cabinets today...(pictures added)

So I bought two cabinets today...(pictures added)

Yes. I finally did it. I have a sit down Japanese cabinet with a vertical monitor. The cabinet houses Strikers 1945. I also have a full upright Street Fighter III cabinet.

I have a problem...

The coin slot on the Strikers cab does not work. I can not for the life of me figure out how to set the machine to free play, or even access the dip menu (if it has one) I looked at the board, and didn't see any dip switches.

I am a real novice at this sort of thing, and would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Thanks...

Plasma Guest
    Try holding the test switch as you power on the machine.

3. What i$ the model type of the $itdown cabinet?

Take pictures now!

4. What was the price? these kind of things interest me, especially knowing that I could never afford one of these.
    http://www.famous-amos.com/images/wally.jpg Ooooh! I make a gooda cookie for you!!!!

Originally posted by Plasma
    Try holding the test switch as you power on the machine.
    OK... where do I find that?

Originally posted by Click_Stick
    What i$ the model type of the $itdown cabinet?

Take pictures now!
    My camera has no batteries. I'll get back to you.

Originally posted by Prometheus
    What was the price? these kind of things interest me, especially knowing that I could never afford one of these.
    Sitdown cab was $475. The Street Fighter III cab was $200 b/c the monitor needs a bit of work.

I won these at an auction at the MD state fair.

I think I need to degauss the monitor in the strikers cab. Help?

6. Hey, not bad prices!

On my japanese cab, you just open the coin door and you'll find buttons for test, service and degauss. I forget whether test or service acts as the "add coin" button...my cab's on free play via dip switch. If all else fails you can just open your coin door and depress the little metal lever at the bottom of the coin mechanism...that's all a quarter would do anyway.

Click_Stick: Do people really like seeing pics of other people's cabs? I feel like it's bragging or something...

7. Nice finds 88. I'm of absolutely no help, but just thought I'd say you need to take pictures too. You might post over at Shmups about the Strikers cab.

Plasma Guest
    You might find the test switch either (somewhere)on the inside of the cabinet or there probably is one on the board itself. (I think the later Psikyo boards do).

9. OMG! you got a SF3 cab? which one did you get and do you have the full game with it? (please let it be 3rd strike)

Originally posted by galvatron
    If all else fails you can just open your coin door and depress the little metal lever at the bottom of the coin mechanism...that's all a quarter would do anyway.
    That was the first thing I tried. However it's not wired correctly or something. No credits show up.

Originally posted by unit003
    OMG! you got a SF3 cab? which one did you get and do you have the full game with it? (please let it be 3rd strike)
    Nah. It's just regular SFIII the first revision. (The marquee just says "three" which is cool as hell.)

I'll get a third strike board someday.

Hopefully I'll have pictures up by the end of the night.