Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FEAR DOT COM + Impressions

1. Originally posted by Despair
    Get membership at Hollywood Video then. Its free, you keep dvd/vhs longer, and they are cheaper than at BB.
    Plus, Hollywood Video has a much more fair late fee policy. If you're late, instead of charging you by the day, they charge you as if you rented it a second time, thus you get to keep it another 5 days. Sweet. I hate Blockbuster.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Me too. Week of New Year, I rented Black Mask 2 and Eye See You, and only had time to watch one of them, but because of their stupid, 2.5 return policy of BB, I had return them or get charged.

HV 5 day rental makes it much easier.

When you rent games at HV, and want to keep it an extra day, they dont charge ou full price, its just a dollar or so more. Nice.

3. i haven't seen a hollywood video once in nyc.

4. WHOA. Really. We have plenty of them here in WI. Too bad.

5. There's a few here on Long Island, NY, one right down the road from my house.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Ok, Finally watched it last night. Thought it was decent. Didnt scared me, but most of the movies dont anyways

I liked its dark atmosphere, most of it takes place at night, in the rain, or darkness. Sets added to the mood alot, and the story, while very simular to Ring's, had some original touches as well.

I liked nightmare flashbacks, that director done simular to what he used in his House on the Haunted Hill. Dorf was ok lead, and his death was an original touch.

It had some great nightmarish visuals, especially whole ending sequence with Doctor meeting his victim. Very stylish and surreal.

While not best horror film by any means, still miles better than crap like Scream or others of its ilk.