Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has any of you ever fired a gun in your life?

1. Has any of you ever fired a gun in your life?

The idea for this thread came from the misconception thread in the GameGo. Somebody mentioned that the media blames light gun games (and FPS) for turning seemingly innocent kids into trigger happy homocidal maniacs, but as you may or may not know, firing a real gun is vastly different from the pink toy gun in the Time Crisis II machine. For starters, you can't reload a real gun by letting go off a pedal or shooting off-screen and an actual gun is heavier too. I have been praticing target shooting for quite awhile, though I'm not doing it as much as I used to. Has anyone else actually fired a real gun?

Considering I live in Canada where most people don't own guns, I haven't fired one.

Actually, I don't know one person who has one.

3. I father owns several small firearms, but I've never actually pulled the trigger on one of them, no.

Do paintball guns count?
    omg TNL epics!

4. Yes...22s (rifles and pistols), 44 mags/44 specials (44 with an extra long barrel is interesting), 38 cals, 45 cals, 357 mags, 1911s, a 50 cal once (huge, powerful motherfucker), M-41, all kinds of shotguns, and many others. No massacres yet.

5. Ayup. Everything up to now has been shotguns, but I might start bow huntin' this year.

6. I go target shooting on occasion. Haven't in ages though. If I lived out in the country I'd shoot more.

As long as you're safe about it its a lot of fun. Of course you don't have to just shoot paper targets, that'd be no fun. Try shooting a giant can of pork and beans with a hollow point out of an AR-15. Raining beens n weenies

7. Have I fired guns? Yes.

Have I hunted? No.

I think its funny when people consider hunting a "sport".

"I'm hunting tommorrow."
    "Which team you playing for this time?"
    "The Humans as usual, you know, the side with guns."
    "Yep. Didn't you guys win last year?"
    "Sure did. We win damn near every year."

Weak. KIlling anumals should be for food, not for fun. There is no reason to hunt when food is so plentiful in this country. And don't pull the "I'll eat it if I kill it" shit. Nobody gets a hankering for wild animal and spends hundreds on a rifle and gear to "save on meat costs". Ugh. Meat is cheaper than ever...

PS: Yes I understand the good that hunting does in the way it controls the population of certain animals, I just don't like the concept of killing for fun.

PPS: No, I don't like PETA. I like MEAT. A lot. 3 times a day.

Well, basic weapons such as BB and pellet guns, a few .22s, shotguns, pistols, and various air-powered nail guns, which can pump out ammo pretty fast. I haven't killed anything, and don't plan on it either.

Edit: I'm ok with hunting, but I can't stand seeing some camo-ed up soldier sitting up in the tree fighting a battle with an animal that doesn't even know exists. Don't use feeders, ultra-precision sniper rifles, and all that crap. It's like boxing with nails rigged to your gloves.

9. I've fired .22 caliber handguns, rifles, and pump shotguns.

I haven't shot at all since high school, though.

M-16, M-9.

It's part of my job