Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giant squid found in Tazmania!

1. Klonoa: Thanks for posting the story about the british admiral's sighting, that was the story I was talking about earlier. Couldn't remember all the details.

Kid Nemo: Where are your avatars from? I remember you had another squid avatar that was black and white. Are they both game characters? And from what games?

2. Kidnemo- Ever watch the old cartoon Squidley? Think it was a Hanna Barbera toon. Its about a purple talking squid who lives in a big wooden kiddie pool in what looks like a bull fighter stadium or something.
    pwned by Ivan

One of my favorite specials on the Discovery channel was when they explored the deep sea. I don't remember exactly how deep, but I'm guessing like 5000. Well, they didn't see any giant squids, but there were some other awesome looking creatures--much too cool for stuff we can actually see everyday.

4. sweet
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

Nemo Guest

Heh. It looks like a penis comparison chart

6. Originally posted by Kosh_H
    Klonoa: Thanks for posting the story about the british admiral's sighting, that was the story I was talking about earlier. Couldn't remember all the details.
    no problem. Very interesting. If you would have asked me to guess how long a giant squid was back in the prehistoric times, I would have guessed around..100 ft.

175 ft is just insane.

And I also saw the Discovery Channel special on giant squids. I was a little dissapointed because I thought they would actually show live giant squids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. The giant squid they found in Tazmania is probably just a juvenile too....yikes.

Originally posted by BioMechanic
    The thing I wonder is, what OTHER kind of stuff lurks in the depths that we haven't seen?
    The Devil lives down there. I promise.

9. The Giant Squid, so much mystery. Thanks for the info, now have you guess scene the discovery channel special called "the Search for the Giant Squid". I watched that show and it showed the scientist catching a baby Giant Squid. And as luck would have it, that place was where they caught the baby squid, South of Australia.

10. Oh man, I just remembered, there was some excellent video footage caught several years ago of a giant squid somewhere near the coast of Australia, I believe (guess the giant squids like to hang around Australia). Anyways, you could just see a small part of the head, its eye and part of its rippling tentacles but you could tell it was really big from the video clip. Wish I could see that video clip again, it was really cool and definitely not staged.