Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an old drawing i forgot i had up online thought id share

1. an old drawing i forgot i had up online thought id share

i figured what the hell id share this since i had it up online
    nothing special hope you guys like

its not the whole image as it wouldnt fit on the scanner

in case any one was wondering its conte crayon on artist paper

2. damn. that's pretty friggin' tight. do you usually draw like this, realistic style?

3. Thank you much

yeah pretty much, im all about the play of lights and shadows and i kinda go for a realistic or impressionistic style

i cant do that manga or anime style thats prevelant here just isnt in my hand
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Hey

Nice!

I'd like to see more of your stuff man. I'd like to see a wider range of styles here on the art board. I'm gonna be posting my stuff, so lets see more of yours.

JM

5. thanks ill deffinetly have to put up more stuff

did in the past but it kinda got ignored figured people only wanted animae and manga stuff in here
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. There is just something so... Solid about this work, it feels three dimensional, which is one of the wonders of a well done Conte drawing. It almost feels sculptural to me.

I wish I could put more of my work online, but only my pen and ink works can be scanned, and then only the smaller ones, it is very frustrating. I think that contributes to what people see here.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.

7. thank you much
    its all about the light and shadow but thats always been my thing

yeah thats a problem i have too i have alot of work thats more animation like, you know smooth simple lines and such kinda like what CIgs shows but theyre all HUGE i could never fit them on the scanner we have

allthough what i may try to do and what you could try is scanning them in parts and then just linning everythng up in photoshop and making one big collage out of it kinda if that makes sense
    Where I play

8. Hey

have you ever tried to photograph them? You could use a digital camera or just scan the photos once you developed them. Thats what I do with my paintings.

JM

9. yeah i have given thought to that could always borrow the fathers digital camera hmmm should do that some time
    Where I play

10. I once got an idea from a Will Eisner book, he had used this to rearrange a comic to fit a format. I could take My larger comic style work and cut it up Frame By Frame, then arrange them as needed once scanned. Similar to what was suggested before, but less precise, because I am pretty sloppy. The only Drawback is that I cannot display them later on my wall. I am pretty much trying to wallpaper my room with my artwork. I guess Digital Cameras are the way to go. I will try to get one as a package deal with my future computer.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.