Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renewal of Evangelion

1. Renewal of Evangelion

Recently, Anno announced something of a "second coming" of Evangelion in an interview with Newtype Japan. Nobody is really sure what exactly he meant, but Gainax has announced a "Renewal of Evangelion" -- read below.

Originally written by Ain't It Cool News
    Evangelion Revival
    Evangelion is rising from the grave (or at least disinterest) in Japan. Heralded by an upcoming Second Coming" article in the Japanese version of Newtype, Gainax has announced "Renewal of Evangelion", a DVD re-release of the series, remastered in Dolby 5.1 audio, with new box art for release in 2003. New products to be launched include a second Girl Friend of Steel (or Iron Maiden, depending on your translation preferance) video game, a sound rack with new versions of Zankoku na Tenshi no Thesis" opening and "Fly me to the Moon" ending themes, UFA catchers dolls (super-deformed plush doll for the popular Japanese equilivlent of claw archive marchines", and action figures.

A new page is online at here
    Link: Gainax announcement

2. That's cool.

A good excuse for me to exchange in VHS tapes in for DVD's.

3. Just another way to make money, unless something new is actually stated for release.

4. I wonder if the public wanted this or is it just a cash-in?
    pwned by Ivan

5. Sounds like a cash in to me, but I'm sure there's a market for it or they wouldn't bother.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. Is Sadamato done with the manga yet?
    pwned by Ivan

7. This would be cool...

I want to see a prequel! One with the 'other' Impacts and the whole backstory of Eva and NERV...

8. Interesting...

And Negitoro, your Avatar is cool.. though it's making me dizzy :S/. It's hypnotizing.... Sleepy.... sleepy... grammar no longer in affect as i now sleep....

9. With the way End of Evangelion um, ends, there is pretty much no room for a sequel. If any new material is going to be made for Evangelion, it would have to be done in a prequel format and flesh out the tragic lives of those involved with NERV (I can't remember the name of NERV before it became that) and flesh out the mysterious SEELE organization. Though pretty much all the information we need to know about such things were scattered throughout the series.

I would hope the poor japanese public gets more episodes per disc than they have been getting. At $40 or so per DVD over there, I would be more than a little miffed at hearing of a rerelease without new material.

10. "Mooooooooooooooooooooo," says the over-milked cash cow.