Thread: The Rock - Share your love

1. The Rock - Share your love

Well, Who here liked The Rock. The movie, not the people champion

When it cameout in 1996, I seen it 3 times in theaters(rarely happen), and many more times later, when it came to home video.

The movie had everything, awesome action, good characters, cool direction, music, interesting story and lots and lots of style.

Both Nic Cage and Sean Connery did great jobs, both in action scenes(Connery was awesome), and in character parts, and lot of other actors I like were there as well: Michael Bien as Navy Seals commander, Ed Harris as General Hummel, Tony Todd as evil Major. Michael Bay did a great job directing, film never slowed down its high temp, and you never felt bored.

Action scenes were excellent, from amazing hummwee vs ferrari chase on the streets of San Francisco, with all kind destruction, and cable car explosion(still one of the best action moments in any action films), to great gunfights on the island of Alcatraz, Sean Connery was a badass, and his action scenes were very cool.

I also liked the music alot, even got the soundtrac cd, and listen to it on regular bases

I need to get the SP Edition dvd of it, with all the extras on it, before it becomes too rare.

2. I liked this movie alot, one of my favorite DVD's

Although the treatment of that fine Italian sports car was not very good

Sean Connery is a great actor

What is on the SP version of the DVD, do you have a link to one so I can see what it looks like?

3. Cool, I will have to pick that up... I hate though when you buy a DVD they come out with a better version a year later

4. Yep, But I think thats IS the better version

Definately better than bare bones original DVD.

Good Movie! I'm sorta partial to Con Air though.

6. I love Con Air and Bad Boys as well But the Rock remains my favorite Brukheimer production.

I should make a Con Air thread next

7. sean connery is the most bad ass 80 year old alive.

no one can touch him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. Easily one of the best American-made action films out there. When it first came out, The Rock was my favorite movie. My tastes have changed over the years, but I still enjoy The Rock.

9. Any movie where you get to hear Sean Connery say "fuck" is on good terms with me