Thread: Escaflowne?

1. Escaflowne?

I saw a best buy commercial for this anime and i thought it looked awesome, have any of you seen it? if so is it worth seeing/buying? from the commercial it looks very promising.

2. Its worth it, but I don't know what anime you like. List some you like, that would help. If asked by anyone who likes anime, I would say its worth getting, because there is something there for everyone.
    pwned by Ivan

3. BUY IT! One of the best anime series, one of my top 10, great animation better music and kick ass character and Mech design.

4. i like any anime with good story line, good animation, good music and has some character build up.

5. then you have to buy this one...

6. Go for it, the story is great (by none other than Shoji Kawamori of Macross), the animation is spectacular for its time (96), the music is one of Yoko Kanno's best works, and the characters go through many changes with the plot twists.

btw-As someone who can tolorate a good dub, I say stay away from Escaflowne's dub, its horrible.
    pwned by Ivan

7. i've watched up to the 6th disc today and i find nothing bad about the dub. there's a voice here and there that i find annoying, but overall i think the dub job is well done.

8. I guess it depends on your stance on dubs. I always watch anime with the original language track, but I like the Bebop dub, and some series like Trigun and Tenchi have main charcters where the dub fit them perfectly. I found no redeaming qualities in the Escaflowne dub, there is nothing the dub does that the original track does much better.
    pwned by Ivan

9. i actually don't have a preference between dubs or subs. i can go either way. but what i don't get is how the dub must be better than the original in order to be listenable. i went through a few episodes earlier today in the og lang and then again in the dub and found both to be very good. i still have my problems with some of the dub voices, but it doesn't bother me enough to the point where it becomes unlistenable.

but ehhh... it'll always come down to whatever your personal preference is, which is why disc formats (LD, dvd) are great. you're not held down with just one choice.