Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats in Shonen jump USA...

1. Whats in Shonen jump USA...

I'm not what sure what this means for the regular issues, but the 52 page free preview (Issue: 0) contained these manga:

Dragonball Z.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Yu Yu Hakusho.
    SandLand.
    Shaman King
    Naruto.
    One Piece.
    from Animention

wow i think i mighht spend 20 bucks.. Shamen King Naruto One piece, and Yu-gi-oh.. rock on..

however what the hells up with 10 year old manga like DBz, YYH and Sandland..

they could have gotten better manga.. like Hikaru no Go, and Hunter x Hunter..

i should have read naruto at www.toriyamaworld.com before they take them down..

2. HOLY SHIT!!! NARUTO?! SWEET BABY JESUS YESSSSS!!!! Good to see One Piece and Shaman King on there, too.

Fuck Yugioh though. Fuck it in it's gay, stupid, irreversibly stupidly pointless idiotic hatehahtehatehahtehatekILLKILKILLLKILLKILL ass.

I can understand why theyre putting YYH and DBZ in there tho. They've got big presenses stateside...but I really wish RK was on this list. It needs to be translated. BAD. The manga is head and shoulders better than the anime, with it's stupid angstier-than-thou OVAs and idiotic filler episodes. But Naruto and One Piece is good news.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be waiting for the collected editions of those two, because quite frankly, I'm not going to blow 20 bucks a week (or however often these come out) for DBZ, which I already have the entire print of. Wow, eschewing the weekly digests for the tankouban, it's like I'm in Japan again...
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

3. What series is "RK"? Pardon my ignorance.

Will the mag be the same page number as the Japn edition?

4. it's going to roughly be half the page count of the jpn editions.

RK = kenshin.

and i thought viz was already publishing DBZ.

Nemo Guest
    I really need something to fill the empty void Pulp magazine left.

Kiddie shit won't cut it for me but I guess it's better than nothing. I'll definitely subscribe though.

6. Grr...
    Guess I'll just have to flip past the first two.
    'Specially since I already own the first three DBZ graphic novels. Y'know, the series is a lot more interesting when there are no 5-episode fireball charges.

7. Originally posted by Nemo
    I really need something to fill the empty void Pulp magazine left.

Kiddie shit won't cut it for me but I guess it's better than nothing. I'll definitely subscribe though.
    kiddie shit.. have you read naruto, shamen king, and one pece.. this some great stuff.. some of the best manga our their right now.. better than some of the shit they have going on. hell those three are a handfull of good mangs still going on...

to bad the best of the crop, Hikaru no Go hasnt been picked.. cause americans are to stupid to understand an intelecutal comic like that...

8. PULP titles = incredible, incredible, incredible reads. it's about the only stuff i pick up nowadays.

Nemo Guest
    2 items:

1.Pulp is officially Dead. Last issue came out 2 weeks ago. I reccomend you guys find it and cry a lot.

2.Suncoast indeed has ShonenJump preview issue #0. All you have to do is ask for it and they'll give it to you for free.

Impressions:

Dragonball Z: I understand why this "graces" the cover of the mag and I'm guessing the only reason it's in there is to insure that the magazine sells. That alone is a worthy reason for this cancer of a manga.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!: Same as above but I find it slightly amusing.
    Yu Yu Hakusho: Again, also the same as above. Yu Yu is actually ok to me.
    SandLand: I've no Idea what I read but being that it's an Akira Toriyama story I guess it also serves a purpose.
    Shaman King: Gimmicky. Nicely drawn though. The story synopsis seems to have no purpose. What are these guys fighting for? Everlasting Peace?
    Naruto: Ah a Ninja school. This I like.
    One Piece: As Maruchan stated, the star of the comic. This looks like it's gonna be really fun. Pirates always bring a tear to my eye.

All in all the preview issueis just that, a bunch of previews. The magazine says it will be 4.95 for 250 pages of story. Extremely kickass. Subs will go for about 29.95 with charter subs for 19.95, which is odd for a Viz publication since they always charge up the ass for their stuff.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the magazine is printed from right to left AKA Eastern style (or whatever). I guess that's cool.

10. I think it's a good deal.
    $20 bucks for a charter subscription, that's 12 issues with 256 pages, roughly the size of a graphic novel (actually probably bigger). Graphic novels were about $15 when I last checked, and each issue through this subscription will end up being less than $2 a piece. Naruto and One Piece are worth the subscription, and after a year you'd have 12 chapters of each for $20, that's more than in a graphic novel and for less price, plus all the other manga that I'd at least give a read just because I had it.
    Also, there are 7 series listed, and most chapters are only about 20 pages. That's only 140 pages of manga, so they'll probably add more series or more chapters to each issue. And Sandland's a one shot thing, so I think there's only a volume of that (though they'll probably add another Toriyama one shot in it's place, heh.).
    Other than the fact I'd like to have all my series set apart in volumes, i think it's a good deal.

Heh, just felt the need to say that .
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!