Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Berserk #2

1. Berserk #2

I should be getting this volume any day now, I'm jumping the gun because I haven't looked forward to a title like this in so long. It's very reminisent of the days when I was watching Kenshin or even Bebop. The anticipation was too much for me to handle and this still holds true for this series as well. There is just something about this show despite it's subpar animation quality, the rest just holds it up and above the rest in my heart. The story is right up my alley with a medievil setting and plenty of sword fights, diverse characters, insane music and tons of style. I also really enjoy the way they are handling the telling of the story and the sequencing. The first episode starts in the present and sets up the main focus and then at the end we are introduced to the back story and the maturization of each of it's central characters as well as establishing the lay of the land. I've said it before and I'll say it again but this is my favorite series so far this year and I've only seen the first disc. I've watched it 3 times so far, something I very rarely do with a tv series. Usually I wait till I have them all to watch again but I just love this one so much.

So in anticipation of this fine title i started this thread for the second volume. I'll be back with impressions once I have it. When I checked animeondvd it clocked the duration at 125 mins... if this is true than I am very happy. The more the merrier.

D

2. Re: Berserk #2

Originally posted by dyomides
    I should be getting this volume any day now, I'm jumping the gun because I haven't looked forward to a title like this in so long. It's very reminisent of the days when I was watching Kenshin or even Bebop.
    Kenshin and Bebop were hardly released a "long time ago." Bebop wrapped up in 2000 or 2001 IIRC (not sure), and Kenshin's Kyoto Arc ended in early 2002.

You must be really impatient. :P

3. These episodes gave me a bit more respect for Griffith, which hasnt tempered my giant boiling blaze of hatred at all. Very good for character development and plot further....ment.
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

4. Re: Re: Berserk #2

Originally posted by CynicalSphere

Kenshin and Bebop were hardly released a "long time ago." Bebop wrapped up in 2000 or 2001 IIRC (not sure), and Kenshin's Kyoto Arc ended in early 2002.

You must be really impatient. :P
    I saw them way before the DVD releases, a friend of mine had managed to get the series when he was in japan so I borrowed them all and watched them. So it was a while ago for me.

D

5. Like Dyomides said, the first disc of Berserk impressed me most in the way it tells the story, by jumping around between time periods in Guts' life for each episode. Very cool.

I'm looking forward to disc two almost as much as I am GTO disc three (damn out of stock-ness !!).

- Kabuki

6. ...GTO disc three (damn out of stock-ness !!).
    ahhh... i'm not the only one that had to suffer the "out of stock" effect.

7. Best part about Berzerk 2 are the outtakes.
    "Who wants to jerk me off?" *cheers from the troops*
    MUCH better than the crappy ones in the first disc.
    Plus, Zodd! Yay! Finally!

8. Originally posted by Ashen Victor

ahhh... i'm not the only one that had to suffer the "out of stock" effect.
    Yes, we all suffer from it at times...

Originally posted by ChaoofNee
    Best part about Berzerk 2 are the outtakes.
    "Who wants to jerk me off?" *cheers from the troops*
    MUCH better than the crappy ones in the first disc.
    Plus, Zodd! Yay! Finally!
    I loved the outtakes from disc one, so these should be even better. Sweet.

9. Same goes for me exactly. This is one of the few shows that i've watched multiple times right away (3 to 4). Anyways, got vol 2 on Tues, finally gonna watch it tonight...opinions later.

Oh, and contrary to what everyones been sayin, I think the animation is pretty top notch...and that the lacking scenes were done that way purposefully..like in Golgo 13, or Eva.

lee

10. I had no idea Berzerk had been released yet in North America. I've been behind on this stuff, and I'll definitely have to pick up #1 and #2.

Berzerk is one of the best series ever. Beautful bountiful gore.

Lovely.

-Pro-