Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Since when does the word "Gay" = "Stupid"?

1. Since when does the word "Gay" = "Stupid"?

Ok, I have to say..first of all I'm not getting on some Politically Correct soapbox here, but I have to say I am really dissapointed by some of the comments made on this message board lately. I really don't know the age of most of the people posting here, but I assume you guys/gals are old enough to realize what you are saying and what words you are using to say it.
    With that, I have been wondering why it is that almost everytime a game or idea or something is seen in a negative light, the word "Gay" is slapped on it. I wonder why that is? Would anyone be offended if I said that a game was the "Blackest" or "Jewest" game or idea I have ever seen or heard? I am all for everyone sharing their opinions on things, that is what this board is for...but come on..think about the words that you use...if a game is Stupid, ugly, cheap, whatever...use that word...think before you speak..or in this case type. Ok, maybe that did become a soapbox...but I just had to say it.

2. This thread is gay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. oh god.....this is going to turn into a childish bick-fest like a piracy thread on CRACK in no time. prolly gonna get moved too.

4. Wrong forum homo.

5. You are both gay and stupid for posting this here.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

6. PS: Since when does gay=homosexual? Last I heard, it meant happy, and people misused it when making it mean homosexual.

7. Originally posted by EThugg
    PS: Since when does gay=homosexual? Last I heard, it meant happy, and people misused it when making it mean homosexual.
    *rimshot*
    how true how true.

i think its funny how most of us are mature enough to know anytihng said on an internet message board is to be taking with a continent full of salt....but then there's others. my rock is nice....hows yours?

8. Since when have people used "gay" for "stupid" you ask? Oh, since about 1459 I'd immagine. Where've you been?

9. Yeah, Like Having Gay old time

Off to Offboard it goes

10. Originally posted by EThugg
    PS: Since when does gay=homosexual? Last I heard, it meant happy, and people misused it when making it mean homosexual.
    That's exactly right. And just like how it went from meaning happy to meaning homosexual, it has now gone from meaning homosexual to meaning stupid. People tend to do that with words. It's just the way we are.