Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Betterman

1. Saw vol. 2, impressions:

-They definitely got the scary atmosphere down. I love it.
    -Some of the perverted jokes are wearing thin, hopefully in the later volumes they'll be reduced/excised.
    -The way they tied the previous episodes together in one explanation in episode 6 was very nice. Few series do that.
    -More questions arise...

So far, Betterman is holding up well. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely worth a look.

And the females are easy on the eyes

2. Came across this auction for the first four R1 DVDs of Betterman: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2290

$45 for all four DVDs is a great deal.

Spreading the Betterman love,
    - Kabuki

3. Pfft.
    A friend of mine has DVD #1. He doesn't "like it too much."
    Needless to say, I may buy it off him.
    Anime++ !

4. From what I've seen looking at the Betterman DVDs in the store is that the art on the covers and the art used in the screenshots from the actual show don't look consistant. Does the art in the episodes look the same as the covers (I hope, the covers are amazing), or is there a big difference?

I'm glad this thread popped up, I've been curious about this series for a while. Would you say that it's leans more to the serious or comedic side? It's hard to tell from the impressions given so far. I own far too much "funny" anime, I've been in the mood lately for something more serious. The Record of Lodoss War box set fit the bill nicely, but I finished that the other night...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. The serious side. The main kid can be a goof, but everything else about the show is of a serious tone. As far as the cover art goes, the characters and monsters on the covers look as they do in the shows, so...

6. Nice. I'm sold.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. It's horror anime, for the most part, with conspiracy theories up the wazo and mysteries that only seem to bigger and bigger mysteries... I've seen up to volume 5 and I still don't know what the heck is going on.

Animation quality is decent, but not on par with more recent shows. A couple eps in you won't care though. Watch this series late at night with the lights off. I dare you.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2