Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances)

1. Even though it was mentioned, it never got its own thread until now. Don't beat yourself up too much Finch.

2. Excellent review. Kare Kano deserves its own thread anyway. You pretty much took the words out of my mouth, so all I can say is WATCH IT!!

...Ok, I lied, there is something I can talk about. Anno only directed the first half of the series. A couple episodes after the changeover are a little awkward (the "cut-out" episode mainly), but it gets back to normal after that.

Also, the anime series doesn't really have an ending. It doesn't leave you with cliffhangers or anything, it just stops. Don't let that stop anyone from picking up the series though. If you love it as much as I do you'll search out the manga, which is still running.

3. Originally posted by Freeter
    Even though it was mentioned, it never got its own thread until now. Don't beat yourself up too much Finch.
    X3 I know. Just to make sure it's understood, my over-reaction is umm... in the spirit of the anime.

4. Seen it today, and...I LOVE IT.

Funny, dramatic, romantic...all-around awesome. The pink DVD had me worried that this might be somewhat fruity, but it isn't.

The first ep was paced a little too fast, but the show gained ground and moved quite smoothly. The music is very nice, especially the credits song(cool way they did that sequence, trailing a camera around various locales, original).

Ariba(sp?) claims he isn't gay, but he sure acts like it

Six eps...Right Stuf(publishers of Captain Tylor), you rule

Can't wait for volume 2.

5. Watched the first three episodes yesterday.
    Finch was right, this show is golden

I watched it subbed (action=dubbed, drama=subbed for me!) and almost lost it during episode 1. There was just so much going on !! Fantastic.

I'll be watching it subbed alone and most likely dubbed with my girlfriend. I sure hope the dub is good

- Kabuki

Originally posted by nabeshin If you love it as much as I do you'll search out the manga, which is still running.
    Is it in english?

7. Originally posted by 88mph

Is it in english?
    No, but Mangaproject has released translated scans up to volume 7 or you can find scripts and summaries for many chapters at Script Club

8. Well I just got back from Vacation, and snagged the first DVD, along with Attack The Gas Station... it's only fair that I say my piece after I watch it...which is now

9. Finished up all six episodes.
    I LOVE this show. More A+ anime in my book

The DVD has over an hour of extras on there. A great journal about the making of DVD 1 and stuff.

The opening and closing themes are great too. And the "next episde" clips - had to watch them three times each - once to read the subtitles, and twice to watch each girl's facial expressions

Buy it now

- Kabuki

Originally posted by nabeshin

No, but Mangaproject has released translated scans up to volume 7 or you can find scripts and summaries for many chapters at Script Club
    Bah. I'm afraid I have to wait until someone picks them up for a US release than.

Bummer...