Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances)

1. I loved this so much until it puttered out at the end. Some of the low budget episodes were fun for a while, but it just sank so low after a point. It's a shame what happened with the production of the show because it could have been something far more special than a fractured Gainax work. First fifteen or so episodes are quality.

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    This is probably my favorite anime series.
    Didn't you have a tattoo? Or were going to get one? I wanna see...

I watched ep16 tonight. Yukino's dad notices how much she's grown to look like her mother when he first started dating her. He tells the whole family that he feels strange now when he looks at Yukino, which naturally creeps them all out. Ha!

The rest was a sweet, brief retelling of Yukino's parents' lives growing up together.

The music is so wonderful. The whole damn series is drenched in cuteness, sweetness, comedy, and romantic moments, sometimes all combined together!

3. holy shit, i used to make really long posts! Posts without a single swear! And! i really loved animé!

Yeah, the show just kind of drops off. I think every f-chan blamed it on Anno leaving, but really the manga just plain went to shit shortly after the point where the show left off. It goes to being the same thing you enjoyed the first 12 volumes recycled to the point where it REALLY JUST DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE. Guy has a deep crazy side we don't know about, every character we meet becomes a lovable scamp, Tsubasa bounces around and eats tables and shit. It ends shitty because we can leave the characters knowing their zany lives will go on and we don't need to see what happens to them any fucking more. Just be disappointed with the ending and realize that it's better this way.
    i used a lot more emoticons back then too ;3
    Donk

4. "These lips, eyes, hands... everything... exist only to sense you."

Hook-up episode.

Episode 18 and this show is as great as ever.

5. Started this tonight, it's pretty awesome.

I'm going to be really sad if I can't find that last volume.

6. I checked around the used shops here, no one has H&H or RahX used anymore.

Shame RightStuf never released H&H a second time just to show the home video version of KareKano.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    "These lips, eyes, hands... everything... exist only to sense you."

Hook-up episode.

Episode 18 and this show is as great as ever.
    Goddamnit. As good as it was, I knew something felt off about this episode. Sure enough, I just found out the "love scene" was censored for the US release.

This makes me rage.

I found it on youtube and here's what they cut:

-Clothes on the floor
    -Belt-buckle undone
    -Arima lying on Yukino (faces pictured only)
    -Yukino making a slight moaning sound

That's literally it. MY FRAGILE AMERICAN MIND WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO PROCESS SUCH FILTH THANK GOD I WAS SAVED.

Lord but I'm tired of bullshit like this and I really wish now I hadn't given my money to the localization company.