Thread: Shiba

1. Shiba

Here is a game related pic, a true rarity for me.

It is Shiba from Cannon Spike, drawn as a study of the official cannonspike artwork. ** sorry for any confusion**

www.boomspeed.com/jayemm/SHIBA_CS.jpg

JM

2. The Rough lines and textures give this work a nice, dark, gritty feel. You Photoshopping is quite effective here.
    Only you can stop sig pollution.

3. what did i say about you postin' that stuff in here, jm? damn that's a nice lookin' pic!

4. you call that ugly background mild...
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

5. Thanks for the helpful insight...

JM

6. Major pet peeve: Artists who try to pass off others' work as their own, or if that's not the intent, still don't bother to mention the fact that they copied it.

Grrar.

7. Sorry, I did not mean to mislead anyone.

I never said this was an original pose or character of mine. This was a study in technique. I admire the artwork for cannon spike, & this is my attempt to emulate it. It was done with a pencil on paper & was scanned. I looked at a picture for it. I have heard that art students do studies after great masterpieces, this is the same thing. I just stuck the photoshop stuff in the back for fun one day & never bothered to take it out. I was not ripping it off. I'm sure others here have done much the same thing. The only reason I put it up is because it is the only game related stuff I have done in quite a long time.

Sorry If I didn't mention this, I thought it would be apparent to anyone fimillar with Cannonspike. I would NEVER take credit for someone else's artwork.

JM

8. Sorry If I didn't mention this, I thought it would be apparent to anyone fimillar with Cannonspike. I would NEVER take credit for someone else's artwork.
    Oh, I figured as much. But not everybody is familiar with everything, and a lot of people can't spot a preexisting artwork even if they've seen the original ten times... case in point, that guy who did the "Cel-da" mock up used a Capcom illo from the Oracle GBC games that I'd seen all over the place, but even someone so enlightened as Mode7 said "someone get that guy a job at Nintendo!"

I wasn't accusing you of trying to pass off the work as your own, I know you're a good fellow. Just be more careful in the future to add an aside as to the origin of the pic when doing these sort of exercises.

9. I wasn't accusing you of trying to pass off the work as your own, I know you're a good fellow. Just be more careful in the future to add an aside as to the origin of the pic when doing these sort of exercises.
    It's cool. I'll make sure I post disclaimers in the future. It probably won't matter, because that is the only artwork that I have done in that manner in years.

I will be posting my newest paintng soon. I just need to borrow my Mom's digital camera first. Maybe I'll post another older painting today....

JM