Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Adult Swim News. Click Here. Now.

1. New Adult Swim News. Click Here. Now.

Cartoon Network confirmed log stading rumours regarding a second season of Big O at Comic-con, they also confirmed Viz & Sho-pro's long standing assertions that Inu Yasha would eventually be on TV and announced that Production-IG's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex would air on CN. They also mentionned one other TV series currently in production in Japan and said that they would make full detail available at Nan Desu Kan.
    Big O, Inu Yasha, some other series...SCREW THEM.

THIS is what it's all about:

The Biggest announcement, something that had not been hinted at in the past, is that Cartoon Network will be broadcasting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The new GiTS tv series is currently in production at Production IG in Japan and has been licensed for North American release by Bandai Entertainment. Bandai's license includes "Broadcast and licensing outside Asia" therefore CN would have licensed the show from BEI, not Production IG.
    Can I get a HELLLLLLLLLL YEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

2. Well they are definately Adult Swim material but I'd prefer series that are slightly longer. Oh well atleast people getting their feet wet in the anime world get to see these on tv first. I fall asleep too early to watch adult swim but I already have seen all the stuff they show anyway.

3. what the hell is up with putting kiddie shows on auult swim.. thats the stupidest shit ever..

gah. all this shit pisses me off..

4. Originally posted by Fujisawa Sensei
    Well they are definately Adult Swim material but I'd prefer series that are slightly longer. Oh well atleast people getting their feet wet in the anime world get to see these on tv first. I fall asleep too early to watch adult swim but I already have seen all the stuff they show anyway.
    You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell, 'cuz it's BRAND SPANKIN' NEW...

5. Ghost in the Shell isn't new. Manga has had this movie forever
    http://www.manga.com/ghost/ghost.html Plus I have seen some the TV series fansubbed or atleast I thought I did.... Maybe I was mistaken. My bad.

6. Originally posted by Fujisawa Sensei
    Ghost in the Shell isn't new.
    The TV series "Stand Alone Complex" is. Did you think I meant the movie?

7. Yeah I thought the movie. I should have read closer to your post. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That is cool for the Adult swim then. This may be the first thing I ever record off of TV for once.

8. Originally posted by Fujisawa Sensei
    Yeah I thought the movie. I should have read closer to your post. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That is cool for the Adult swim then. This may be the first thing I ever record off of TV for once.
    Don't sweat it.

Here is the page to it.

9. The GiTS TV series. Oh my. Hhhmmm, not sure, Nightow kidna let me down with Gundress, but that was held back on the release for years. If its as good as Trigun I'd like to see this GiTS TV series.