Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Eyes

1. Eternal Eyes

My girlfriend has been playing this one for several days now, though I have never heard of it. It boasts hand-drawn sprites in a 3-D world, but more notablty, it's battle system appears to be nearly IDENTICAL to Final Fantasy Tactics (or the 'Ogre' games before it).

Rather than recruiting an army, you collect and evolve little creatures called "puppets" to fight with you. (off-topic: my GF says the word "puppet" in such a cute way with her accent and all...) This aspect appears to be derived from Pokemon and its imitators. Interesting.

The game seems to be a bit on the no-frills side, but looks to be solid. However, the music is absolutely godawful. Also, the cover art is also bad, considering the nice hand-drawn art within the actual game. There are there eyes hovering in the air- and look just like those eyes found in Sin and Punishment.

Its published by Crave, and seems to be developed by Sun Corporation (aren't they an anime company?)

I have never heard of this game before...

I have heard very mixed opinions on this budget title but I haven't played it myself.

And Sun Corporation = Sunsoft.

3. One of those games I still need to get around to picking up.

I figure for less than $10 you can't go wrong...

4. Good game, but you need to be a devout strategy/RPG fan to enjoy it.

5. I agree with Sqoon. I got this one for $6 used and was pleasantly surpised. It's an enjoyable little game, if you like Strategy/RPGs.

I didn't think the music was that bad though.

6. I scored Eternal Eyes when it came out for $7.99 and even though the control is rather sloppy I'd say it was definately worth it. The character designs by Kohime Ohse were lovely as usual too.

7. I think the main thing that kept me away from this game for so long was that the pictures I kept seeing showed the silly ass puppets, but none of the information mentioned that the game was a little serious. I thought it was one of those budget kids games. I got if for $5 and don't regret it.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

8. Interestingly I bought this to get me hyped for Hoshigami, but once I got that soon after and played it for like an hour, I took it out and played Eternal Eyes again because it was so much simpler and more entertaining. There are so many awesome creature combinations--literally hundreds I believe.

The game is truly a gem...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

9. That, and Hoshigami is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. Re: Eternal Eyes

Originally posted by Zerodash
    (off-topic: my GF says the word "puppet" in such a cute way with her accent and all...)
    What kinda accent are we talkin' about?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww