Thread: Model Painting...

Model Painting...

I need some helpfull tips for painting the details on gundam models.i am currently building a GP03 Gundam Matallic Black and Matallic Red.and was going to do red detail.just lookin for some help thanks.

words from the Big Black Guy,
    JBNagis

2. *moved to the Galleria*

Only because you'll get a lot more info there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. Check my Mark of Kri thread. I answered you in there.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Big Up

5 letters from the Big Black Guy,
    JBNagis

5. Here's where it belongs, so there!

And if the body of your gundam is black, fill the creases with a dark grey. It looks snazzy, and adds more definition.

Get a size 10 brush and a steady hand. As your luck would have it, I paint pewter miniatures all the freaking time. It's taken a little bit, but I am quite skilled at it, to toot my own horn. Gundams usually have pretty basic color schemes, so you should be fine.

In order to get a nice, defined, outline around the area you're painting, cover the entire area, let's say a knee, in black, and let the paint fill in the crevice in the plastic surrounding the area. Then go back over the area with the desired color, making sure none of the paint covers the black in the outlined area. So, each detail you paint will have two coats at least, one black, and one the color of your choosing. Try to avoid more than three coats, as the paint starts to "puff up" and makes the area look to glossy and not natural.

I'll see what I can do about posting some of my work.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Whenever I paint a model (a long time ago) I'd always paint it before putting it together. Model spraypaint looks a lot better than brush paint, especially on large areas.

7. Originally posted by Tones
    Whenever I paint a model (a long time ago) I'd always paint it before putting it together. Model spraypaint looks a lot better than brush paint, especially on large areas.
    Unless you know what you're doing.

Besides, depending on the glue he uses, it might strip the paint. I always paint after assembly. It gives you something to hold on to, the glue is dry so you don't have to worry about slippage, and it's just better.

One thing Ive heard that is super easy is paint it then get a ink pen, impty it into a small amount of water. Then getting a brush and getting it into the cracks. then just get a cloth, make sure its tite around your finger and wipe away the outsides of the cracks and lines. This can be used to eather give a dirty used look(low amount of ink) or a alternative to painting with black paint(middem to a lot of ink)