Thread: What is The Animatrix?

1. What is The Animatrix?

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/

They just put up the trailer for The Animatrix which is due to hit DVD/Video in 2003. Looks BAD ASS. Look under the news section to get the link.

2. Very cool, although I'm a bit cautious that WB is just milking their Matrix franchise... but at least their doing something original and interesting with it.

Is it worth it to get The Matrix + The Matrix Revisited both for $27? I don't have it on DVD yet and was wondering if I should hold out until the Animatrix hits...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

3. Search, if you haven't bought it yet, you might as well wait until the next promotion comes. Either there'll be something with Animatrix, or they'll release a new version of the DVD around the time Reloaded comes out.

4. I never buy new DVDs because they always come out with a better version less then a year later. However, if you enjoyed the Matrix, Matrix Revisited is a great addition that I wish came with the original DVD.

As far as the Animatrix goes, I was sold on this when I heard of it well over a year ago. If they are as gritty as the online comics, then some people are going to be surprised.
    1-866-759-2946

5. Thanks Korly, I guess I'll wait until they release a "quadruple DVD bundle with the director's fingernail clippings" special edition... DVD releases can be a pain in the ass sometimes...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. Nice! That is all.

~Gon
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

7. Watched the trailer, and me and DJ are very excited about this project.

Square segment looks excellent, and the Anime one is very reminiscent of the Ninja Scroll. Cant wait.