Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about progressive scan DVD players.

Well, the RP-82 is 30 bucks more and is supposed have better picture because it smooths out artifacts better and has a better MPEG decoder (if you use that). I also heard that it does a bit better job on some film based material. I don't know if this can be attributed to a better chipset or a DCDi chip or something like that...if you keep trolling the animeondvd.com forums you will eventually get some more answers as more and more people begin to receive their RP-82's.

I own an RP-62 and I use it in conjunction with a Sony 32" HDTV. I really do love it and, i must say, it kicks interlaced dvds square in the ass. I remember putting my copy of Akira in at most of the other prog-scan DVD players at work (Sony, JVC, Toshiba, Kenwood) and it just kicked so much ass on the Panasonic. I really was amazed how different it looked. I was considering waiting for the RP-82 but a) I needed one right away and b) my job (Sears) isn't going the carry the RP-82 and I could get the RP-62 for 100 bucks after discounts and such.

My advice: Give it a week or two and collect some impressions. It's probably worth the extra 30 bucks for the 82 but trust me, you really can't go wrong with the 62.

EDIT: By the way, Green, what TV are you running this into?

aha check this out, it may answer most of your questions:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=152373

2. Sounds great, do you have yours modded for all regions?
    Sony 57 inch XBR Projection tv. Not mine, but my parents.
    pwned by Ivan

No, but I am looking into it. I am into anime but I rarely buy anything but region 1 stuff so I am leaning towards no. I may not buy the RP-82 this year but maybe next year when new models come out I might get the new model and mod my 62 for the hell of it. But we'll see...

4. Thanks for all the info on this, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Great thread, guys. Thanks for all the detailed info.