Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [American] Football Dilemna?

Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    Oh oh! College Vs. Professional! Now that would be cool. It would give those really bad pro teams a chance to win once in a while!
    Leave the Bengals out of this.

2. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    I always wondered, what the heck is the point of making a college football game and pro game? Why not just make one disk with both college and pro teams?
    Do you really have to ask why?

But one good explanation is that the EA and Sega have to pay big bucks for the seperate NCAA and NFL licenses. Having two seperate products offsets the cost of that. It also helps pay for the development staff which has to research and program the zillions of different division 1 teams, their players' strengths and their playbooks.
    -Kyo

3. August's issue of Game Informer has coverage and comparison of all 4 NFL Football games for all systems. Sega's NFL2k3 has over 5,000 polygons per player and over 2,000 player animations. NFL2k3 has over 500 player face maps, to Maddens 300.

I have all the NFL2k games of the DC. I only have Madden 2001 on my PS2. I find the Sega offering to be a better game, while the PS2 version of Madden was impressive, it still did'nt provide as deep of a game as the 2k series has. I'm going with 2k3 on the PS2. Sega's proven online record is enough for me. I'll be using a dial up to play, ad I have found it to work pretty well with NFL2k1 and 2.

4. I'm planning on getting 2K3, but which version - XBox, Gamecube or PS2?

--------------------------------------
    Currently Playing: Marvel Ultimate Alliance (XBox 360), Civilization IV (PC)
    --------------------------------------

5. Originally posted by CybrGamr
    I'm planning on getting 2K3, but which version - XBox, Gamecube or PS2?

Does'nt MS charge to play their games online? I'd go with the PS2 version, because of it's larger user base. It would gaurantee a larger online group, to play against.