Thread: Super Monkey Ball Master Mode Question

1. Super Monkey Ball Master Mode Question

I finally got back around to super monkey ball, and have decided to make a go of trying to get the master levels (yeah i know i may waste hours and hours of my life and not get anywhere). I feel ashamed I put this off so long, considering the sequel is due out soon.

I think I'm doing okay, considering I haven't spent too much time with the expert levels and I'm able to get midway through the 30 levels without continuing. My question is, is master mode only unlockable in 1 player mode? I tried going for it with 3 player mode, because it would give me extra practice and whatnot- and I was able to get to around level 40 without continuing.

Yeah, i know its cheap but I'm not a highly skilled player like some of you characters...

Also, did anyone have serious trouble with advanced ex 5? I was able to go through expert the first time without too much frustration (of course many continues), but adv ex 5 took me 30 minutes. Is it just me or is that level harder than any of the expert levels?

2. Mastermode

I spent weeks practicing the levels and collecting as many bananas as possible while finding the little secret to easily pass the near impossible stages.

Then I started getting so damn angry when I died that I found myself throwing the controller like I did when I was a kid. It was at this point that I decided to take a break for awhile. That was four months ago and I haven't taken up the challenge since.

I did play the other day and sucked total balls. I can breeze through all the 30-40 levels yet I can't seem to get past the mid-20s without losing some serious lives. I should try some more before school starts up full swing.

Anyone here actually get the master mode?

3. Is it just me or is that level harder than any of the expert levels?
    It's just you. I hope someday I'll see the Master levels, but I'm not holding my breath. At last count I believe the farthest I've gotten on Expert in 1P 1 credit mode was 17 or so. 1 upping Easy and Advanced is fairly easy with practice.

4. I found "super monkeyball central" over at the klow.net forums. Some insane indivuduals overthere who can beat master without continuing, and even some with one life. Those who can do that are the greatest videogame players in the world. I used to be proud of beating some shooters with 1 life, but now shooters seem like childs play compared to breezing through the master levels.

I cant imagine what super monkey ball 2 will have.
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse