Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [American] Football Dilemna?

1. Football Dilemna?

Looking forward to next week when Madden 2003 and NFL 2K3 come out. My only problem is which one to get and for what system.

I think I may switch this year and try 2K3 instead of Madden, but do I get the PS2, Cube or XBox version? Will one be any better than the other?

Any thoughts?

2. I have the same problem. I'm going to try NFL2k3 this year also. I know Madden hasmore options but this year I want online play again. It ruled onDC. I think I'll be buying the PS2 game since it will be online MONTHS before the Xbox game. I'm pretty sure that next year I will get a football game for Xbox though. I know Madden is online aslo but I think it only has a 1on1 mode. LAME! nkfl 2k3 allows 4 players on each system for up to 8 players total.... I think... anyone know for sure?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. 2K3 all the way... gameplay is god, not lame options

4. I prefer 2K much more, as well. Madden feels cartoony to me. It also seems really unbalanced every year; I'm either scoring to little or too much. It always perplexes me how those EGM guys give it straight 9s every year. I like 2K's interface and the way it plays better, although I do like the way Madden handles player momentum.
    -Kyo

5. One day I'll learn that no one here uses 'Football' correctly.

Obviously, that's not today.

6. Originally posted by mattvanstone
    One day I'll learn that no one here uses 'Football' correctly.

assuming this was soccer thread?

wEEman33 Guest
    Ever since the DC era, I've been a NFL2K whore so I'll be picking up NFL2K3 for Gamecube sometime this year.

8. Football is football and soccer is soccer.

NFL 2K3, my good man. I'll be getting it for my Cube. It's a toss up between the Xbox version and the Cube version, but the Cube version wins due to the controller.
    bastard of the new world order.

9. Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    Football is football and soccer is soccer.
    Yeh, and they are both the same game which is played with a round ball which is kicked with a foot.

Speaking of which, I am looking forward to the Gamecube game "Club Football" which will come out with *team specific* edition all accross Europe. I think the idea of club specific sports games is fantastic. I hope it turns out well, because if it does the Liverpool FC edition shall be mine.

10. Originally posted by mattvanstone
    One day I'll learn that no one here uses 'Football' correctly.

I propose that every country just use the name "football" for its most popular sport. In America, football can be football. In Canada, hockey can be football. In Japan, baseball can be football. In the rest of the world, soccer can be football. The name changes would all make sense too:

soccer = football because the game is primarily played with your feet.

football = football because all of the athletes have feet.

hockey = football because all of the athletes have feet.

baseball = football because all of the athletes have feet.