Thread: Now, it's time for THE TRUTH (NWA: TNA Spoilers)

Jay Guest

Now, it's time for THE TRUTH (NWA: TNA Spoilers)

The Truth just won his first ever World title in a match against Shamrico (if you've seen Shamrock recently, you'll get the name change.) Good to see Ron Killings achieve more success in the National Wrestling Alliance. He is the first black NWA World Heavyweight Champion ever.

The Truth was K-Kwik in the old WWF right?

When Ron Simmons held the world title wasn't it still part of the NWA?

Jay Guest
    Yes, he was formerly K-Kwik.
    The NWA World Title was a separate title from the WCW World Title. WCW was a branch of the NWA at the time of Simmons' win, but the NWA World title was recognized as a separate championship during this time. I believe Masahiro Chono held the NWA World Title at the time of Simmons' WCW World Title win.
    Simmons- first black WCW World champ, first black World champ
    Killings- first black NWA World champ.

Egads that sounds confusing, and that's the simplified version of the NWA/WCW relationship.

Well that clears things up.

How was the rest of the show? I'll be getting a show one of these days. For the X-Divison which I hear is Great.

Jay Guest
    General rule for NWA: TNA shows- non X-Division matches, or anything NOT involving the X division, suck hard. Disco Inferno has a new segment, and it's horrid, the Dupps have some contrived points system thing invovling smacking a bare ass and using farm animals, and for the love of Christ, Alan Funk's bare-ass was shown on PPV. Oh joy. Dear lord are they ever misusing him. He is MISS TNA by the way. I never thought that Kwee Wee could be considered a highlight for a career, but lo and behold...

6. I've yet to see any NWA TNA (Come on Viewers Choice Canada!!) up here, but I'm just glad to see that they are attempting to make new stars by giving the belt to the Truth. They could have taken the easy way out and given it to Scott Hall or Jeff Jarrett or something, but they are doing the right thing by giving it to the new guy who is actually getting over with the crowd. Let's hope he gets a long reign as champ and it doesn't flip flop around. Russo always seemed liked the type that liked to make title switches just to swerve rather than doing what was right for business. But from what I have read, it seems like Jerry Jarrett and Russo actually are pretty good together and I don't think Jarrett would allow the title to get passed around too much.