Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getter Robo

1. Getter Robo

Anyone know enough about this series to recomend it? I love the mech designs (though not as good as the Big-O).

Gimmie info!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. I picked up the box set for about $30 but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
    I'll drop some impressions of it after I watch His and Her Circumstances

- Kabuki

3. Cool! Thanks!

I picked up a rather large, $30.00, Getter Robo figure lastnight, and figured since the mech design is so cool, I'll give the series a shot.

I went to Sun Coast and was eyeing the box set, but I didn't want to do anything I'd regret, so I asked you guys first.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. I had picked up the first disc when it first came out only to be utterly lost. I then found out there was a recall because they accidently printed the second volume on the first disc, I returned it and got another show. I haven't returned to it since. From what I saw it seemed really interesting but I don't have the budget right now to put it on my list.

D

5. I understand.

The only Anime series I own in complete form is The Big-O. Everything else I own are stand alone, one shot movies. Buying anime series for $29.99 per DVD is a bit much for me. But, Getter Robo comes in a cheap boxed-set, so I figure what the Hell!

6. I've had time to watch 1.5 episodes so far. Its straight-up action, but done pretty stylistically. I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far.
    - Kabuki

7. Watched the first four episodes so far.
    I've gotta say, I am really really enjoying the show. It may just be a straight-up action anime, but I'm really liking it. The transition from episode 3 to 4 was totally unexpected and left me grinning.

After episode 4 last night I think I blurted out "this show fucking owns!" or something along those lines. So, umm, yeah, I like it.

I say for $30 you can't go wrong with the series... unless it starts sucking

- Kabuki

8. Nope! I bought it and watched it all in two days! Amazing series! And I agree, the transition from ep 3 to 4 was great!

I also love how they yell everything! "GETTEEEEEEEEEEEER........BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!!"
    I LOVE it!

9. Awesome !! I'll be watching more of it today, hopefully. I would have kept watching more episodes last night, but I really wanted to go play frisbee at the beach.

Duct tape + mini mag-light + frisbee !!
    Night frisbee owns

- Kabuki

10. Watched through episode 7 now. Still great stuff !!
    Getting more substantial story here. Awesome.

I recommend Getter Robo Armageddon to anyone looking for a sweet action anime with a great story, cool robots, and badass, bloody fights.

- Kabuki