Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime on Popcultureshock.com. How to Improve?

1. Anime on Popcultureshock.com. How to Improve?

While I'm in the shameless plugging stage anyway, Popcultureshock.com is open to suggestions on how to make it a better site. What keeps you going to websites? News? Reviews? Video? We're doing okay, but we want to do better. What would you suggest? The only thing we're NOT open to, however, is shrinking. popcultureshock.com/games is an individual entity. Ditto for anime. Ditto for comics. etc. If you were to bookmark the games page, you could totally go to that page on a daily routine and never see the other sections and never be confused.

Suggestions? Ways to boost the message board? Things you'd like to see on our baby website?

--Shola

2. The only thing I can think of is that you need a link to your preview/review archives on the main anime page. (and the movies page, too)

You have archives at the bottom of the games section, so why there aren't ones at the bottom of the anime/movies sections is kinda confusing.

Looking good, otherwise.

3. hmmm....you're right. I'll do that today. Thanks for the tip.

4. If you could manage to get direct feeds of up and coming anime I'd be there every day. Even if its japanese, I remember the bitch of a time I had trying to find the Bebop movie preview.

D

5. Is there a message board???

I didnt see it.
    I dont like giving advice on stuff im not very familiar with (ie: I dont frequent PcS much) but here goes.

Who are you guys???
    I rarely ever rely on reviews but I ESPECIALLy wouldnt listen to someones opinion if I dont know anything about them. Maybe that will come with time...but it couldnt hurt to speed up the process. Maybe something like a writers current faves (relating to any thing....movies,music, etc) page or sumthin would help identify with someone with similar tastes, writers pics wouldnt hurt (or help) much either.

Why so close.
    I noticed a lot of the review scores suffered from what ECM would call EGM-itis, meaning that they were all relatively close. I think I saw 4 or 5 in the 7-8 range a couple 9's and one 5. Sometimes you gotta be brutally honest (not saying you guys are'nt, but...) maybe let more emotions come into play for better or worse.

Thats both of my 2 cents...I really dont have a clue what you could do to get more people goin to your site, short of takin that job at Play and throwin the name in all your reviews. Either way...good luck.

lee

Hire some of the guys from here!!
    I'd go there more frequently to read a dyomides review. Or a Kabuki or Bio-Mech or Fatima or Finch or even a Jenn Rose review. Hell, get Riisuke to write for you...i'd show up every week to read the hate mail his opinions would bring in...(lee smiles ever so sly-like).

6. Direct feeds would attract alot of visitors, but you ought to make sure you have permission from the licensors before putting them up. Even streaming "non-licensed" anime might get you in legal trouble unless you had permission from the copyright owner.

7. Why don't you write reviews for them Lee? You seem to be volunteering everyone else, I'm sure you'd be better at it than I would.

D

8. Why not????

The last thing the world needs is a twisted individual like me having a stage to air out my mindscape altering madness. The only reason im allowed to make music is becuz no ever gets to hear it. Not to mention im admittedly insane and have a God complex so large that it probably freaks God out a lil. I like to write and I live to create but I have issues with letting people get a glimpse..or sumthin...

Anyways, i suck.

A lot of you guys really are good though. And if Shola's trying to get some of us to make PcS a 2nd or 3rd home. Snatching one of our guys and giving em some space to rant would be a very good way to do so. As I said before, that would get me to check it out more frequently.

9. Lee, if you wouldn't mind writing for us, then I'm all for it. Right now, I've got Beboplover writing on PCS, and I he's pretty good. I just don't want to get into the rut of having more writers than product....

But if you want to rant? Hmmmm....

Look for my email in the next couple of days...

10. God Dammit, I cannot allow my archrival to step up to the plate while I sit here in obscurity.

VERBAL! THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! IT'S BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!

Shola, if you're interested, drop me a line. I've experience and everything. And you guys need someone to provide consistantreviews for the comics each week (As well as helping spruce up the newborn anime section).
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!