Thread: one of my newer paintings - Magnet

1. one of my newer paintings - Magnet

Hey guys.

I figured I would put up a newer painting. This one seems to get a lot of strong reactions from viewers. Everyone seems to have their own view as to the girl's emotional state. I just thought it would make an intresting piece.

Anyway, The painting is around 3 1/2 ' tall. Oils on wood. Not my favorite painting, but I guess it is OK.

www.boomspeed.com/jayemm/Magnet.jpg

JM

2. i like the colors and shades you used. don't know nuthin' about emotional state.....she looks normal to me. you know that face you make when your just walkin' down the street mindin' your own business? looks like that face. MORE!

3. Very nice. JM supporter since...for a while. And I really like that sketch of the monster you did. Keep the art alive. And how are you and the family doing? Sorry I didn't respond to the emails. And if you still want SSS it's yours. Um...email me.

Later sir...

4. Ah 2D!
    A JM supporter from day one! How ya been doin my friend? An email will be sent your way with the quickness. I do indeed want that SS.

Later Sir

JM

5. You really are tallented. Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Thanks!

be sure to check out the stuff I'm gonna put up in a bit.

JM

7. Thats really good man, I really like the mood of the painting. The focused facial expression make it seems like she's looking down at you, maybe she's looking at a coffin,or a tomb.
    "be water my friend"bruce lee

8. Great perspective and cropping on the umbrella. The girl certainly is intimdating....