Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice little surprise... (TG16)

1. Grand idea, Johnny. I was going to edit my post and suggest that, but I ran out of time. A Japanese Duo won't set you back too much. I've seen a mint-condition boxed Duo-R go for $115 on ebay. I probably should've done that myself. I fell in love with Appare Gateball, Break In, and Final Soldier using emulation, but now I can't get them 'cause my Duo is the US model. Oh well, having a new system as opposed to used is always good in my book, and hopefully I can get it modded someday (or learn a thing or two about electronics and do it myself).

lithium Guest
    As far as modding goes, I'd suggest just picking up a cheap TG16 and modding it. That way if anything goes wrong you're only out the TG16, and if you succeed then you'll be that much more confident modding your duo if you still want to. The territory switch for the turbos is a pretty beefy mod, I killed a duo attempting it.

Only drawback being you won't be able to use the tennokoe bank, and I think there was a few cd/hucard combo games out too.