Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another GTA3 Convert

Another GTA3 Convert

I borrowed GTA3 when it was new. I rented it about 3 months ago. I finally broke down and traded for it last week. I guess the third time truly is the charm, because I am absolutely loving this game. It has been a long time since a game has given me so many choices of things to do that are all enjoyable. There are the countless missions, the search for the packages, the insane stunts, and the random mayhem of trying to achieve wanted level 6. I can't figure out why I wasn't sucked in the first two times. I think it may have been that I was having fun pissing the cops off but wasn't doing anything else. Once that got old, I thought the game did too. No such trouble this time. I am on the second island after 12-15 hours of gameplay, and I can't wait for the third. Thank you to everyone who kepy touting this game's praises. Without you, I would have written it off as mainstream media idiocy.

2. Heh heh...another convert. Excellent.

GTA3 really is a great game, one of the best I've ever played. Why it gets a bad rap from so many people on this board I'll never understand.

I'm sure Regus will be happy with this news.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Awesome.

I can't read what it says in your new avatar though. Yoshi's what?

Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Awesome.

I can't read what it says in your new avatar though. Yoshi's what?
    Damn. I was afraid it might have been too small. It says "Grand Theft Dino: Yoshi's Island".

5. Another conversion by Yoshi? Sounds like you're on your deathbed.

And yes, it is a very, very good game.

Originally posted by Sqoon
    Another conversion by Yoshi? Sounds like you're on your deathbed.
    Yeah. I figured once the X Curtain fell, why the hell not challenge all of my former biases... except for my hatred of EA. That one remains.

Now all we need to do is get Yoshi playing Deus Ex and a few other great PC games and all will be right with the world.

8. Good to hear, good to hear. I agree that often times GTA3 can come off shallow if you only spend time pissing off the law. I think the missions are rather varied and there are plenty of side-mission/mini-game things to keep you busy.
    Currently Playing:
    - Metroid Prime
    - GTA: Vice
    - Miss World '96 Nude

Jay Guest
    YAY. One more GTA III fan in the world.

Andy787 Guest
    That's what you get for being a jaded bastard