Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koji Kondo

1. Koji Kondo is in my top five game composers of all-time...he's incredibly gifted. If only Yuzo Koshiro could stay on top of his game long enough instead of fizzling out. =/ I still don't understand how such a gifted composer could just lose the magical ear like that.

2. Not a fan of Shenmue's soundtrack, I take it?

3. Originally posted by Rob
    Not a fan of Shenmue's soundtrack, I take it?
    heh, excellent point...he DID do some TRULY wonderful stuff in Shen Mue, I'll definitely give him that. If he gives me just one more quality soundtrack I'll consider him right back on track. :P I still can't believe he didn't do the music for Genny Shinobi 3. That game has SUCH a great soundtrack I can't believe Spencer did THAT after his well...mixed reaction U.S. Sonic CD and Eccho efforts.

4. I really think its a damn shame that he doesn't get the recognition that he deserves. He's created some of the most memorable tunes in existence, and yet not many know who he is. I wish I could find out which tracks he did from Super Mario Rpg. That was some good music.

Spencer did not do the Shinobi 3 soundtrack. The sound and music were done by Masayuki Nagao, Hirofumi Murasaki, and Morihiko Akiyama.

Why was this thread moved?

I think game music discussion should allowed in the Game Discussion Centre considering it's an important aspect of gaming.