Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koji Kondo

Koji Kondo

He is definitely one of the most talented game musicians out there. And I think he is easily the best sound effects creator.

Whether you're playing Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, or Pikmin, his signature sound is recognizable.

Wow. This is a thread I did not expect to get zero replies from.

Is there no respect for the man?

3. I kinda like his music, but Hip Tanaka is just as good. They definitely get no appreciation however.

4. I think he made some of the most memorable tunes in all videogaming. He still does make great stuff. But he's not nearly as recognized as others. He should be though.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

Yeah, Tanaka's Metroid tracks are phenomenal.

6. good shit. i like his music a lot.

7. Re: Koji Kondo

Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    He is definitely one of the most talented game musicians out there. And I think he is easily the best sound effects creator.

Whether you're playing Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, or Pikmin, his signature sound is recognizable.
    Actually, the musical composer to pikmin was Hajime Wakai, who did a fantastic job. And kondo was only composer for Star fox 64, not for the origninal. Im pretty sure of this, although I've been wrong before.
    Luckilly, Kondo has been assigned to compose for super mario sunshine and the new zelda game. I can't wait to hear what Kondo can do now that he finally has a chance to put his tunes on something other than carts. Kondo is my 2nd favorite composer, behind only Mitsuda.

Are you sure Kondo wasn't involved in Pikmin? If it isn't by him, it sounds IDENTICAL to something Kondo would make. Some of it sounds like Super Mario 64 remixed.

9. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Are you sure Kondo wasn't involved in Pikmin? If it isn't by him, it sounds IDENTICAL to something Kondo would make. Some of it sounds like Super Mario 64 remixed.
    I was pretty sure it wasn't Kondo, as I tend to take note of his works, and I never heard of him composing for Pikmin. I did some research before I posted a few minutes ago just to make sure.

EAD games

It's good to know Nintendo has even more talented musicians than I thought.

I had assumed Pikmin's music was done by Koji from hearing it.