Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellsing: Impure Souls

Hellsing: Impure Souls

On a recommendation from GameNow magazine, I picked up Pioneer's Hellsing: Impur Souls at Best Buy for $22.99. While obviously influenced by Vampire Hunter D, HS is different in that it is a television show, not a movie. The first DVD has three episodes on it for a total of 75 minutes. The plot focuses on the Hellsing Organization, which hunts down rogue vampires. I don't want to ruin any of it for anyone who is interested. I would recommend giving it at least a rental.

2. Really great show!!
    I was very impressed by the majority of it. The animation, character design, the music (in-show that is, the OP is ok but the ED is just plain oog-leh!!). I like how they had some rather risque stuff in it (for a tv series that is) like the b!ow!ob scene, the gay couple thing, oh... and all the blasphemous religious stuff to. One thing I thought was odd, was the lack of any kind of underlying main story. I mean, sure... they built up main characters and gave us a lil bg info, introduced the villain (if you wanna call him that), and alluded to stuff (the governments vampire chips) but overall its just been a case of new ep, new bad guy('s) to kill. Which I find to be kinda weird given the huge fuss that was made (here and abroad) about Hellsing's story switching up halfway through. Oh well, I like it a lot (lack of story an all), the soundtrack is a must buy, and cant wait for vol 2.

Berserk is still perched firmly at no 1......(lee nervously eyes his FlCl poster)...for now.

lee

3. Don't forget that Bebop started in much the same way, the first eps build up the characters and crew before introducing the underlying story.

D

4. Good point D!!
    But Bebop had 26 eps to work with (though they only used 5 really), Hellsing only has 13 (for now, til the 2nd season is finished). It'll come with time, im just surprised we didnt even get a glimpse at it on the first disc.

(off topic)
    btw, where are you with Blue Gender??
    They just released the 4th and 5th discs...did you get em??
    I cant afford em now, but next week...maybe.
    (back on topic)

lee

5. My friend downloaded the whole series and I really liked what I saw. Those fucking guns are awesome. Anyway I'm planning on getting the Hellsing box. What comes with it besides the first dvd? Oh and check this shit out. I'd get that if I had the money. But I'm planning on getting several anime dvds. I've been WAYYYY behind in this shit. I wanna get this hellsing box and the Eva box and movies and GTO disc 3 and the berserk box and the escaflowne box and the love hina box and...more shit I don't have the money for. Here goes Burning Rangers. Oh well...

Later all...

6. This title is really popular, seeing as how I can't even rent it(it's always out).

I'll post impressions when I get a chance.

7. Blue Gender 4 & 5 are out???! When the hell did three come out? I haven't seen them, but I'll pick them up the moment I see them. Whoever gets them first starts the thread.

D

8. Well, I pretty much wrote 2 reviews of Hellsing series on these boards Anyone interested can look them up

Good pick Yoshi. On side note, I got cool Hellsing t-shirt lst weekend. Very cool looking.

9. Yeah D, 3 came out a few months ago (it was interesting!), and since it took so long to come out they decided to pull a whammy and release vol 4 an 5 on the same day. Did you know there's a Blue Gender Movie??
    (back on topic..again)

Does anyone know if they've actually started on Hellsing season 2 yet??

lee

10. Dammit, there goes another chunk of my cash.

No idea.

D