Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #$@! you Telemarketers!

1. #$@! you Telemarketers!

There aren't enough words in the English language to describe my hatred toward them. Ug. Here's how I deal with them:

Telemarketer: Hello, may speak with Shinobi please?
    Me: This is he.
    Telemarketer: Hi, I'm with blahdeblah company. I'd like to tell you abo..
    Me: *click*

Next time, I'm going to turn up my computer speakers and politely play this wav file into the phone and hang up.

I like to do the Seinfeld thing myself.

Yep I fuckin hate it! though I have a caller I-D so if it shows up as unknown I know it's them.

4. hahahaha that godzilla thing is great.
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

They are just working class people trying to earn a living.

6. Bastard calling while I'm eating dinner: "Hi, is Kidnemo there?"

Kidnemo: "Yes, this is him."

Bastard calling while I'm eating dinner: "Could I intrest you in.."

Kidnemo: "Could I put you on hold for a second please?, I have another call coming in."

Bastard calling while I'm eating dinner: "Sure, not a problem"

*click*

Wash, rinse, repeat.

7. I remember hearing some mp3 file a few years ago someone on the Shmups board posted where a British telemarketer (I don't know what the heck he was selling) called up this lady and her husband (total psycho!!!) got on the phone and absolutely destroyed the guy. Words can't describe the yelling that phone rep got. After he hung up the telemarketer's voice was shaking and you could hear him talking to his sup or someone.

Anyways, I just hang up on them or tell them to "Take my name off your calling list" which works right away 99% of the time. 'Cuz if you record the conversation and they don't grant your request to remove your name from their database right away (if they even hesitate in the slightest) you can take the tape to the public service commission and they will fine the company and give YOU the cash reward (around $5,000 from what I know). No joke. It's FCC law.

8. Well, since we moved and de-listed our new phone number, they don't call TOO much. Its still irritating though.

Thank God for Caller ID, I see "OUT OF AREA" on there, 99.5% of the time, its a telemarketer. The other .5% its one of our relatives from the Philippines
    omg TNL epics!

9. Originally posted by Kosh_H
    Anyways, I just hang up on them or tell them to "Take my name off your calling list" which works right away 99% of the time. 'Cuz if you record the conversation and they don't grant your request to remove your name from their database right away (if they even hesitate in the slightest) you can take the tape to the public service commission and they will fine the company and give YOU the cash reward (around $5,000 from what I know). No joke. It's FCC law.
    I might have to try that.

I also found another wav file I could use.

10. Telemarketer: Can I please speak with Braxton White?
    Me: No sorry he's dead. *click*
    Go Pack Go!