Thread: Alien Resurrection: Special Edition

1. Alien Resurrection: Special Edition

I decided to bring this up because I can remember Europe being the only country to get the SE of Aliens till the Legacy set came out. From what I understand, there's quite a number of scenes cut from the theater release (a shootout scene similar to the medlab shootout) and an extra character that completely got the axe. Also, there was another way the ending was written where it continued till the ship got to the surface and Riply had to continue the fight with the newborn till it got caught in some kinda farm equipment, which I think is ironic, considering the ending we got.
    Anyhow, I'll try to post the link which has all of the details if I can find it. (we should thank FOX for giving us the bare bones standard )
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

2. Hmm, I havent heard about this one, but I'm very interested in learning more. I liked Ressurection, it had action, style and lots of blood, and was fun, and since I dont have a dvd of it yet, I wouldnt mind picking it up.

Post more info on that.

3. I should hope we'd get that version eventually, what with the long-last Legend/Leon Euro versions being released and Jeunet's acclaimed Amelie just out on DVD as well.

Unless there's some sort of contractual thingy.....

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

4. Alien R was sweet movie, I would buy this Special Edition if it came to the US.

5. right here is most of the details on what's missing or what could have been changed. I'll also add for alien3 when I get the page.

http://www.planetavp.com/al/AlienRes...DeletedScenes/

here\'s a better link

http://www.planetavp.com/alienshive/...cutscenes.html
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

6. That harvester ending sounds so much better. It would've been nice to have seen them back on earth if only for a bit. The newborn dying on earth would've bee a cool way for the series to kinda come full circle in theme, ie: the alien dies on the humans' homeworld. Having the newborn slowly suctioned to death was lame.

Anyways, Alien Resurrection was still a very enjoyable alien movie but nothing compared to the first two of course. And I find myself liking 3 more with each viewing (my dad's favorite, go figure). 3 could've been much better if Hicks had at least survived and if they had uh...GUNS (having no weapons was an incredibly stupid artsy/PC "let's make a statement" demand of Weaver's for the flick) and maybe at least TWO really deadly alien soldiers that put the power and cunning of the previous aliens to shame. So many ideas that could have been better.....

One Alien fan I chatted with once thinks Sigourney Weaver shouldn't have been signed on for Alien 3 and that Ripley's ending in Aliens was the perfect ending and the character should have just stopped there. I couldn't agree more.

And now we have Alien vs Predator to.....uh, never mind. Remembered the director. :annoyed: