View Poll Results: Shmups: Horizontal or vertical?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horizontal

18 33.96%
  • Vertical

35 66.04%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shmups: Horizontal or Vertical?

1. Shmups: Horizontal or Vertical?

I'm just curious:

You are going to spend the rest of your life on a desert island with only 1 type of shmup: horizontal or vertical.

2. horizontal 'cause i can't live without gradius.

3. Vertical... cuz for some reason... i can't follow the game well in horiz

4. I voted Vert. I really like vert games better, because they are all about the dodging. Every Horizontal game I can think of involves dodging the scenery at the top or bottom of the screen, in many cases, both. I like having all of the screen open for a pure dodge fest. Vert games tend to be more intense on the whole & I like the manic shmups best, so there is really only one choice for me.

JM

BTW Zero, what did you vote?

5. I vote for Vertical. Vert dodge fests are more fun and crazy. Not to say that Horizontal can't be frantic- R-Type anyone?

6. Vert, but I really don't complain about horizontal.

7. Hmm

I don't find R•Type to be that frantic, it's kind of a more resigned experience for me. I'm resigned to the fact that I will just die over & over again untill I memorize every aspect of the current level. It is more of a waiting game for me.

JM

8. Horizontal.

9. Vertical. I'd be giving up my precious Thunderforce series, but on the plus side, I'd never have to look at Last Resort ever again.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

10. Horizizontal.