Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Games that have defeated YOU!

1. Games that have defeated YOU!

Patience, Practice, and Preserverence are 3 P's that can bring you victory anywhere in life- especially in defeating videogames. But there are a few titles which, for me, those 3 P's has done diddly-squat in helping me to win. I am by no means a bad player, but perhaps not good enough to win 'em all...

I am STILL, after all these years, completely unable to defeat the grimm reaper boss in the original Castlevania.

Try as I might, I will never get a 100% in "Poochie ain't Stupid" stage in Yoshi's Island.

I have yet to beat Guilty Gear in one credit to get to Baiken- the hidden boss.

Rugal in KoF '94 has defeated me EVERY TIME.

Ninja Gaiden will never be beaten by me.

Legendary mode in Halo is nigh-impossible for me.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin and Contra: HC on Genny lay the smackdown on my sorry ass EVERY TIME!

Anyone else Man or Woman enough to admit to being defeated by their games?

2. Well Mundus still hands me my ass on DMD difficulty in DMC, I want the S rank.

Same with R-Type Delta, last boss on hard.

I will never beat Super Ghouls and ghost and get the real ending.

Last night I saw that there was a Gunbird 2 highscore competition here, I tried to compete with the other scores and after one hour it sounded like this: "there is a bunch of damn liars on this board for sure
    Gonna try again to night ofcourse.

Shit.. some games will never be mastered by me, some could but I think I would ruin them if I tried to beat every challenge that came in my way.

3. Contra HC has defeated me to the point of questioning if I should try again just to watch my guy die repeatedly.

Alot of strategy games out there seem to just flat out cheat to win, and it pisses me off a great deal. I have a 99% chance of hitting, which i game terms means I will miss 99% of the time. The enemy OTOH has a 1% chance of hitting, which of course means that it will miss 1% of the time. Cock mongers. Brigadine and Vanguard Bandits are two the come immediatly to mind in regards to that.

I could come up with more if I thought about it, but I'm sure I would just be emberassing myself with my weak sauce skills.

Z-roe
    A is for action

4. Star Ocean 2nd Story so far, I had no problems till the very end boss who consistantly wiped the floor with me. I was told I was too low a level for him since I didn't do a couple of things first but I can't believe how much harder he is then the boss right before him :P I will beat it though before Star Ocean 3 comes out

5. Hmm, lotsa games have owned me. Some I give up, some I just a'keep gettin' whupped on. Here's a few:

Alien Soldier (Mega Drive) - Can't seem to beat Seven Force, even after continuing 20 times!!

Adv. of Batman & Robin (Genesis) - Shyeah, this game is beatable.. right! Maybe if I can get past Harley Quinn (she's the 1st Boss), I'll start believing it

MDK2 (Dreamcast) - Yup, I'm one of those whiny bitches who complain about the difficulty of this game. But for some reason, I keep coming back! I'm stuck on Max's jet-pack level where he must ascend a LONG-ASS chute while the aliens are sharp-shooting your ass. And they almost NEVER miss.

Mars Matrix (Dreamcast) - Whether I go in with guns a'blazin', or trying to play strategically, I never get very far in this game.

Mark of the Wolves (Dreamcast) - Damn, just reaching Kain is an achievement in itself (I rarely do it), but then fighting him is another chore altogether. I think I've only beaten him ONE time.

Stretch Panic (Playstation 2) - Played into it a little. Wasn't enraptured with the gameplay. Stopped playing it. The only game I've ever given up on without really trying, thus, this game owns me.

ThunderForce V (Saturn) - That last Boss.. STOP GRABBING ME!!

4 Wheel Thunder (Dreamcast) - Shyeah, this game's beatable.. I don't know anyone this game DOESN'T own..

Vanishing Point (Dreamcast) - I love and hate this game equally. You're not racing the other cars on the track, you're racing the clock. The other cars are just there to stop YOU from winning, regardless of their own fates. Somehow, this game remains addicting to me, even though I begin having trouble after the first 5 or so races. Also, the Stunt Mode kicks my ass relentlessly.

EDIT: Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram (Dreamcast) - I don't think I'll ever beat Tangram. But damn, I love trying! BEST GAME EVER!

I'm leaving out a shitload of Genesis/MD, Saturn, Neo Geo and Arcade games. Like I said, WAY too many to list.

Yes, I be TEH scrub.

6. Originally posted by Werewolf
    Star Ocean 2nd Story so far, I had no problems till the very end boss who consistantly wiped the floor with me. I was told I was too low a level for him since I didn't do a couple of things first but I can't believe how much harder he is then the boss right before him :P I will beat it though before Star Ocean 3 comes out
    In his normal form he's faster than Claude with bunny shoes!!! WTF?!

And he can outrun spells...SPELLS!!! You're not supposed to be able to do that!

If you think he's hard now...don't trigger his "god mode." What a bitch. My brother braved him in god mode...never touched the game again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Originally posted by Z-roe
    I could come up with more if I thought about it, but I'm sure I would just be emberassing myself with my weak sauce skills.

Wow, I never thought I'd see "weaksauce" again...

Might I just add that most SNK bosses are evil.

8. Vagrant Story: when the bosses were able to kill me in a single magic attack, and the only way to hurt them was to do a 20+ chain (because the damage went up by 2 every hit... or something like that), i simply gave up

but VS is really the only game i can think of that i simply gave up on...

9. Originally posted by Zerodash

Wow, I never thought I'd see "weaksauce" again...

Might I just add that most SNK bosses are evil.
    Yeah, I like to throw it around every once in a while. Keeps em on thier toes. Or something.

Z-roe
    A is for action

10. Very few games have been able to stop me. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are:
    Adv. of Batman and Robin MD - there's no way that game is beatable one player
    Ghosts N Goblins (Arcade/Capcom Gen 2)REAL ENDING - I'm sorry but after all the work I go through getting through that game and beating it the first time... fuck playing through it again.
    And that about covers it. Honestly alot of the hard games I don't find to be that terrible, and I'll never understand why people consider Ninja Gaiden nearly impossible... it has a couple of annoying moments, but it's not too bad.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.