Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: A Parent's Nightmare "Backyard Wrestling" the video game

1. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as some of you are saying.

My main gripe has only to do with the homing weapons. I mean, if I'm on the north side of the "Arena" and someone throws a tire to me, but I run to the east side of the arena, it'll FOLLOW me. And, I don't think there is a way to block/catch projectiles, so I think that would get abused a lot in multiplayer.

I only played it in single player mode, but I have to say that I think it's actually more fun to play BYW single player than it is to play RAW 2 single player. Of course RAW 2 only has the multiplayer story mode, and the fairly detailed CAW going for it, as the rest of the game is mostly garbage.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this for 20 bucks, but no more than that.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Well, the videos sell well to those who hate them, and to those who love them. But the videos ain't going for $50 a pop. With this, and now DefJam Wrestling, it makes pro wrestling seem like more of a circus than it was in the early 90s.
    Pro wrestling used to be apart of the circus way back. Just so you know.

Oh and FYI this game is idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Yes, wrestling was a part of the circus back in the day, hell, Regal wrestled in that style when he was in his teens. That term has been used to describe wrestling in other ways, such as it being a three-ring circus, which probably would have fit that post a little better. Oh, and $20 is just about the perfect price for the game.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I miss ECW. It was fun waiting till 1am for TNT (or was it TBS) to air it.
    It was neither, at least unless in your area they took over programming. Around here (CT/MA area) the only way we got to see it was MSG on DirectTV or some other satillite. Then TNN got it on Friday nights, but I was usually out then, so I missed it most of the time.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com